Would you like to contribute to the logistics performance of A-brands like Nike and Amazon worldwide? Building systems that can handle a variety of products, ranging from food, shoes to car tires, together with enthusiastic team members that handle complete revision, retrofit and modification projects for all Vanderlande customers?
Then apply now as an Electrical Engineer in our Warehousing Service Projects team!
What will you be doing?
After your onboarding, where you learned our Engineering way of working, your first project could be to support a Sales Engineer with a modification project to expand an existing system. Eg., fitting the additional equipment into an existing building and system is not always obvious. Besides that, the system is live so phasing and logistics are important. After the design, that you create in close cooperation with a Sales Engineer, is ordered by the customer, you set up the detailed engineering and specifications so that Vanderlande can start with the manufacturing of the system.
Within Service Operations your role is very diverse: you are able to set up an electrical drawing, do the electrical engineering, but there might also be cases that you go to site to investigate if the solution is feasible and fits in the existing space. In most projects you work with a team of multidisciplinary engineers and you are able to do the complete electrical engineering by yourself. You’re able to support multiple leads as well as projects in execution at the same time. And in live environments there can always be surprises: during on-site inspection, you find out that there’s no room to add all new hardware into the control cabinet. You change the drawings, arrange additional equipment and together with the team you will work to a solution to get everything installed on time. Being a Vanderlande Electrical Project Engineer, you are passionate about creating such "impossible engineering" solutions.
- Complete the design from sketch to customer approval.
- Create the Bill of Material, and ensure that your Supply Chain colleagues can deliver on time and within customer specifications.
- Support the Sales Engineers, Project Managers and site installation teams with your knowledge (either remote or on site).
- Solve any issues that you encounter, either during engineering or installation/commissioning phase of the project.
- Experienced in electrical engineering or industrial automation and familiar with modern network topologies such as Profinet, ASI-bus but also older topologies such as Profibus.
- Experience in E-Plan.
- Can read drawings of existing industrial automation systems (also when based on older standards).
- Good command of the English language is required.
- Can put a conceptional electrical design in a detailed design
- Can create Supply Chain specifications.
- Experienced in working with Brownfield projects.
- Able to create Performance Level (PL) or safety integrity level (SIL) calculations.
- Familiar with the following norms and standards:
- machine directive 2006/42/EG.
- NEN-EN-IEC 60204-1 electrical equipment of machines.
- NEN-EN-IEC 61439-1 low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 1:
- NEN-EN-IEC 61439-2 power switchgear and controlgear assemblies – Part 2:
- Willingness to travel an work on site.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will become part of our Service Operations department in Veghel. The Service Projects team consists of Project Managers, Sales Engineers and Engineers and supports all customers in Europe, and Australia. The team sells and execute around 60 projects per year.
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 3.600 to € 5.290 gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale. On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Electrical Project Engineer appeals to you, you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg, Recruiter – +31(0)413-49 4408
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.