Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling systems. Working within projects, the Senior Electrical Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision and delivery of all electrical installation activities and equipment in line with the programme schedule operating within the VI site supervisory structure.
A Senior Electrical Supervisor will supervise the installation, assembly, dismantling, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair of machinery and commissioning activities. Successfully leading on-site installation at the point of work, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment, and systems without direct supervision. You will possess the ability to follow detailed work instructions and where necessary make changes utilising correct procedures with support from the wider project teams such as engineering, R&D or supply chain. You will make improvements to support
Vanderlande’s continuous improvement strategy through adaptation and updating of manuals, training guides and documentation to support efficient and effective installation deliveries
Reporting on progress / gap analysis of planned against actual work and suggesting countermeasures to the Site/Construction Manager, coordinating with all interfacing subcontractors, the client (where applicable) and PC’s representative.
Proactively driving a Stay Safe culture and ensuring the project teams and subcontractors understand and implement good safety practice during the execution of site delivery phases and work activities of the project.
Supervision of the electrical site teams to achieve installation of electrical equipment – to include; scheduling, quality management, cost awareness, problem resolution, and day-to-day decision-making appropriate to the role of a senior supervisor. Undertaking/supporting logistics planning where necessary to facilitate the installation of activities for timely execution to complement the project schedule and resource scheduling at the site level. Taking the leading role in site based safety ensuring all installation works are compliant to the relevant quality standards and Vanderlande processes. Be able to act autonomously driving a right first time culture and the creation of timely and accurate reports utilising the site reporting tool Protrack.
Drive to Win
Responsible for liaison with the client at the point of work for benchmarking, quality, and testing assurance for the installation. Focal point for driving snagging resolution to a satisfactory outcome, preparation for CE/UKCA marking assessment and handover activities.
Build Reputation with Customers
Ownership of achievement to plan, understanding any gaps, and providing a central role in the local resolution method. Reporting upwards to site manager on progress in relation to expected targets. Control of subcontractor planned vs. actual progress and gauging the merits of initiatives to mitigate slippage e.g. cost of overtime vs benefit from acceleration in the most efficient manner.
Interaction & coordination between equipment installation, working interfaces & third party works including liaison with the PCR and stakeholders to achieve co-ordination of planned activities, optimal demarcation and a safe working environment to ensure a safe and successful installation to plan. Ensuring a strong site presence and measurable control through site walks and a robust auditing schedule targeting safety and quality, with outputs controlled and managed accordingly in a timely manner with the team to a satisfactory resolution in line with Vanderlande standards. Support the site supervision team collectively as a team, and as individuals operating at a variety of experience levels, empowering them to take ownership and developing their skills through guidance and mentoring to support growth along appropriate and defined career goals encouraging development.
Every day better
Ensuring delivery, safety and quality are the primary focus of all site supervisors and subcontractors. Being the site owner of continuous improvement on site through cross functional collaboration and lessons learned.
Safe Base & We Care
Proven technical background, with strong leadership and communication skills. Can demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of the site team providing factual and clear information in a timely manner. Be empathetic whilst possessing the ability to be assertive and accomplish results through guidance, coaching to achieve optimal output from the site supervisors and subcontractor teams. Ability to balance competing priorities whilst maintaining a safe environment and meeting deadlines in a pressured and time critical delivery.
- 5-10 Years experience in successful supervising large teams during delivery of large and complex projects
- Successful proven implementation of all phases of a project, ranging from pre-construction through to handover
- Managing a multi-functional team, interfacing with clients where appropriate, and chairing meetings locally at site level as required. Adept at conflict resolution
- Awareness and solid understanding of CDM Regulations and HASWA.
- Possess the ability to understand engineering drawings, specifications, layouts and successfully interpret project schedules
- Ability to create robust site planning to complement the master project schedule through generation of phasing plans and time slices
- IT literate, capable of using MS Office and Outlook as a minimum
- Proven Safety record through installation delivery within time critical and pressurised working environments
- Possess the ability to champion Vanderlande’s Stay Safe Culture and safe working ethos
- Be able to provide robust reports and drive progress whilst maintaining Vanderlande’s quality standards
- SSSTS Trained as a minimum, preferably SMSTS trained
- ECS Card
- IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum, NEBOSH General Certificate preferable
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- First Aid At Work
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent
- C&G 2391-52 Inspection & Testing
- 18th Edition