As an Electrical Technician, your role within the team is to undertake preventative and corrective maintenance on this newly built, state of the art warehouse facility owned by one of the largest retail companies in Australia.
You will be an important contribution to our goal of achieving the highest possible customer satisfaction, focusing on the continuity of customers' processes. That means you'll require an enthusiastic and proactive attitude and a flexible working approach combined with the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures, combined with the willingness to learn and expand your abilities every day.
The role will be a 4 day on / 4 day off rotating roster (12 hour shifts).
Your key focus areas in this role is as follows
- Preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Fault finding on automated systems.
- Using data analytics to enhance system performance.
- Providing technical support to our customer.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Electrical (A-Grade) qualification with at least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience as Service Engineer/Technician.
- Strong electrical background working on industrial equipment with mechanical aptitude.
- Industrial controls understanding (PLC’s, VFD’s, HMI’s, Etc.)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Highly motivated with a keen interest to further your own ability and studies.
- Honest, reliable and proactive with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Dual Trade Certificate (electrical and mechanical).
- Experience in logistics, postal sorting and baggage handling systems highly regarded.
- Proven controls background.
In this challenging position, you get the chance to work on a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does. To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume
ID checks will be performed to verify work entitlements in Australia.