As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Legal Department is responsible for a broad range of activities including transactions, dispute resolution, compliance, labor and employment, and risk management. As a small team, we support many projects and offices, adding value and reducing risk. We aim to drive the growth of the business by providing legal solutions to business challenges.
This motivated and energetic Employment Attorney will report to the General Counsel and engage in a variety of employment-related legal and compliance services across North America. Primary responsibilities of this position will include ensure Company compliance with employment laws and obligations across North America, provide advice and counsel to HR department and managers, establish and audit policies and processes.
- Strategic, solution-oriented, and practical approach to managing a wide variety of employment issues.
- Work in partnership with HR and management to develop, implement, and audit employment-related policies and processes.
- Conduct training for managers and employees on a wide variety of employment issues.
- Monitor updates in law and regulation across the US, ensure similar services are provided for Mexico and Canada. Ensure Company planning and compliance for these obligations.
- Manage and resolve employment-related claims.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice in Georgia
- At least 5 years of experience as practicing attorney specializing in employment issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passionate and conscientious approach to compliance and advocacy for best practices.
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Self-directed, self-motivated.
- Passport and ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to pass background check to the extent required to obtain clearance for TSA-secured areas of airport.
- Fluency in Spanish is nice to have, not required
- This position requires domestic and international travel, typically 10% of the time.
Vanderlande offers a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k with matching, Short and Long Term Disability, and CLE Budget.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.