Engineering Group Leader – Electrical, PLC & SCADA
Engineering and Construction Manager UK APS
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The UK engineering team works as an integrated part of the World Wide Vanderlande Engineering team consisting of over 1000 engineers from all automated handling disciplines. An Engineer joining the UK team has the opportunities and potential to join a wide and diverse range of projects, we are looking for a dedicated Engineer with the passion and willingness to develop solutions using the latest automated tools and products, the ability to follow challenging standards and overall to add value to our customers at home and abroad.
Accountabilities & Vanderlande Values
Lead a team:
- Create organisation chart for the engineering scope and build a team accordingly
- Lead the team in executing all activities, including subcontractors
- Give technical support to the project team
- Is responsible to execute the project according the Vanderlande process map Coordinate closely with IM's and PLE's of other work packages
- Is line manager for a group of project engineers in stated discipline.
- Focuses on continuous development of the individual members of the team and the team as a whole
- Execute appraisal cycles for team members
Manage technical solution:
- Responsible for delivery of (sub-)systems with the right quality
- Technical sparring partner to customer and other external parties
- Steers towards maximum application of Vanderlande standards (platform) both internal as external
- Execute the health and safety analysis and ensures implementation thereof in the design
- Support sales in bid- and contract phase
- Step in where required to execute dept workloads.
- Creates and maintains the resource and project plan / planning engineering and organizes accordingly
- Reports and manages planning updates throughout the whole chain
- Makes periodical Project Status Report (PSR) including risk and opportunities
- Is linking pin towards Supply Chain and Procurement
- Challenges estimates and challenges engineers to work efficiently
- Steer and reports LE and explains deviations –
- Create split up – Manage scope modifications
- Proactively manage risks, create & realise opportunities to improve CM
- Report on latest estimate (monthly)
- Make improvement proposals of product, process and tooling, and execute / lead these improvements
- Is responsible for project evaluation of the engineering scope and is proactive in rolling back lessons learned
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive to Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Every day better
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
The Ideal Candidate Should have the following experience.
Engineering Degree level qualification, ideally in Electrical and/or PLC SCADA Engineering.
Chartered engineering membership at member level, or associate level, looking to attain full membership within a minimum period.
Experienced in the integration of occupational and process safety management into operations.
At least 5 years’ experience in an engineering supervisory/management role, managing both teams of engineers and external contractors.
Experience working with budgets, including demonstrable involvement in budget control.
Ability to train team members in new skills and competencies.
Strong problem solving skills and decision making, whilst being pro-active in achieving positive results.
Good leadership experience is essential.
Understands material handling systems on a system level with the ability to perform health and safety risk analysis on component and system level
Has knowledge of industrial automation (LLC) and of business process automation (HLC)
Has knowledge of components, cabinets and field wiring
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.