If you are looking to take on a fast-paced and rewarding role in a market-leading environment, then we at Vanderlande want you on our team!
An Engineering Manager position at Vanderlande can give you the opportunity to:
● Work with teams of experts on global projects
● Further your career by developing your skills and growing your network
● Be part of an international team dedicated to developing innovative solutions
● Lead a team of diverse individuals on challenging projects
Your position As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of engineers in executing projects from conception through client handover with positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results, and the organization. You will work with your team in collaboration with other Project Managers, Engineering Managers, contractors, and different groups within the Vanderlande project team.
You will proactively identify the risks and necessities of the project and actively work to identify and initiate improvement activities whenever possible. You can manage the project budget and through project evaluation, create user manuals, documentation, and training procedures for your team. Responsibilities: Manage the system design from mechanical, hardware, system , integration of different components, and testing through to final handover to the customer
● Responsible for the system functionality and the technical quality of the material handling system.
● Develop engineering project plans and schedule of the project team and responsible for the progress.
● Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans (FAT, SAT, CAT), including validation.
● Responsible for all information during the project, including complete project archiving. Manage requirements, integration, configuration, and software changes throughout the projects.
● Understand, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and regulations. Execute the health and safety analysis and be responsible for safety coordination during the engineering phase.
● Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes.
● Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent Minimum ten years of experience in implementing and managing highly complex and largescale material handling systems
● Project management experience
● Experience with integration and configuration management Willing and able to travel up to 30% (domestic and/or international) Preferred Qualifications:
● Experience utilizing MS Project, Primavera, or other scheduling software
● Experience working with Amazon Transportation and Logistics
● Technical knowledge/background in material handling processes
● Knowledge of (controls) engineering theories and principles
● In-depth knowledge of test approaches (V model and software testing)
● Proactive and hands-on work ethic
● Self-motivated with proven ability in problem-solving, especially in intense situations
● Pragmatic and capable of balancing quality, lead time, costs, and technology
● Ability to lead a specialized team responsible for a complex project(s)
● Motivator and trainer for coworkers
● hands-on – Project to deal with challenging and rapidly changing customer requirements