Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Completes all training for operational, work management, and other related areas.
- Responsible for but not limited to; operating, inspecting, and maintaining all Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Life Safety Systems and other equipment in assigned facilities.
- Assures that equipment is maintained in an energy efficient and safe manner.
- Utilizes preventative maintenance and service request system to reduce equipment down time by implementing and performing structured preventive, predictive equipment maintenance.
- Performs inspections, repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems/inspections, lighting, ballast, exterior light inspections, locksets etc.
- Works with and coordinates subcontractor resources required to support building operation and maintenance.
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of strong HVAC experience with Electrical Systems, Heat Pumps, Fire Life Safety Systems, Appliance Repair, and General Building Maintenance and/or two years of technical schooling.
- Experience with – Emergency backup systems – Including Generators, Transfer Switches, UPSs and Pre-action systems.
- Use of Ladders ranging from 6 to 20 feet
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA guidelines and standards
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written, verbal and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and a collaborative work style necessary.
- Superior customer service, including excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism under many situations.
- Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints.
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute discretion
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm. Must have the ability to be on-call possibly working evenings, weekends, and holidays as part of a rotating emergency contact schedule.
This position does require travel between Acworth, GA and Marietta, GA office locations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee will be subject to warehouse environment. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will work in a variety of areas inside and outside of the building year-round, with various environmental physical conditions. This position is very active and requires stand, stoop, squat and kneel for long periods of time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items of 50 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.