Field Service Engineer – Charlotte, NC
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The company is also a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 4,300 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing order intake of more than 1.2 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Field Service Engineer, Airport Passenger Screening. You will be part of the team that supports and maintains the hardware and software on our automated screening lanes. This position is based in Charlotte, NC at the Charlotte Douglass International Airport.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Perform testing on our product line
- Install, support, diagnose, repair and upgrade hardware or software
- Investigate root cause failure for products in the field and proceed with troubleshooting
- Unscheduled corrective maintenance
- Scheduled preventative maintenance
- Daily cleaning of equipment
- Provide technical support for customers, owners, government agencies and integrators
- Document interventions and resolutions for future reference, and present in debrief meetings
- Cooperate with your manager in the establishment of policies and procedures related to Field Support
- All other tasks that may be required by our operations
Required Education and Experience:
- Technical degree in electro-mechanical service or computer science, or equivalent
- Min 5 years’ experience in IT QA and/or Electro-Mechanical Field Support
- General PLC programming or troubleshooting certification
- Close attention to detail
- Qualified to receive TSA SIDA security clearance badging
- Qualified to pass government background check administered by Leidos Inc.
- Experience in Linux or Unix environment
- Experience in Siemens TIA Portal PLC software
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems in a quick and effective manner
- Client-oriented personality, with good relationship skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position working a shift schedule for 40 hrs with occasional response to customer emergency calls for repairs.
- 10% of the time for training
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Lifts 50 pounds frequently, and up To 75 pounds occasionally. Carries 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically working in an airport security checkpoint and is exposed to airborne dust particles, passenger belongings/trash, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazards, sharp metal edges, vibration, mechanical solvents, lubrications, and cleaning liquids. Noise level is generally moderate, but with an occasional loud environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time, exempt position, eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $65,000-$80,000