Field Service Engineer
*** Working from home nearby a major US Airport ***
Flying has always peaked your interest, but you have never dared to go to flight school.
The good news is that it's not necessary to know how to fly to work with us.
Vanderlande develops solutions deployed at airports. We are a small team that works in different locations, so you will have the chance to really make an impact and your talent will be recognized. Do you like to interact with different cultures? All the better, we have more than 6,000 employees worldwide and our solutions are deployed on every continent.
As part of the project team, it is your responsibility to work collaboratively with the project manager, project team, and customer to install, commission, support, and maintain our security checkpoint products.
- Install, support, diagnose, repair and upgrade hardware and software
- Provide on-site customer services including commissioning and start-up, performance tests, troubleshooting, training, operations guidance
- Troubleshoot problems in a quick and effective manner
- Support of equipment both mechanically and electrically
- Act as a technical reference for our products for customers, partners, distributors and integrators
- Interact with the customers in order to configure the security checkpoint components to their technical and operational requirements
- Document interventions and resolutions for future reference, and attend debrief meetings
- Support our Project team with internal and external review meetings
- Contribute to standardization of technical service delivery processes and tools and document best operating practices
- Meetings with various stakeholders, especially Vanderlande, airport authorities, TSA with respect to on-site coordination when needed
- All other tasks that may be required by our operations
Qualifications and Skills:
- Min 5 years’ experience in Electro-Mechanical Field Support
- PLC high-level knowledge and/or experience in mechanical conveyor system
- Troubleshooting skills
- Capable to work in an extremely stressful environment to deliver mission critical solutions
- Capable of obtaining a TSA security clearance
- Initiative, resourcefulness, detail-oriented and versatility
- Client-oriented personality, with good communication skills
An added plus:
- Technical degree in Electro-Mechanical Service or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in Linux or Unix environment
- Experience in Siemens TIA Portal PLC software
- MySql and equivalent database
- Python knowledge
Location and Travel:
- Willing to travel domestically 75% of the Time (some international)
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.