We are looking for a Field Service Engineer for our Airport Passenger Checkpoint Automated Screening Lanes. You will be part of the team that supports and maintains the hardware and software on our automated screening lanes This position is based in Salt Lake City, UT, at Salt Lake City International Airport. .
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Perform unscheduled corrective maintenance
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance
- Perform specialized/difficult corrective maintenance tasks for electrical and mechanical components
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions on computer hardware containing software solution
- Troubleshoot field wiring of control panel containing Siemens PLC and ASibus network communication
- Inspect equipment
- Perform technical cleaning of equipment
- Document maintenance tasks in maintenance management system
- Part replacing as necessary during maintenance
- Maintain inventory control of spare parts consumed and ordered for sustaining the equipment
- Maintain inventory of consumables and tools
- Support installation and commissioning the equipment
- Provide technical guidance to customers on operational use of the equipment
- Cooperate with your manager in the establishment of policies and procedures related to Field Support
- All other tasks that may be required by our operations
Required Education and Experience:
- Min 5 years of relevant work experience including, but not limited to IT Quality Assurance, Electro-Mechanical Field Support, service engineer or project engineer
- Experience troubleshooting or installing UL rated control cabinets
- Experience working with material handling systems or similar technology
- Ability to work under stress situations.
- Quickly respond to failures.
- Close attention to detail
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Qualified to receive TSA SIDA security clearance badging
- Qualified to pass government background check administered by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshall Service’s, Personnel Security Section (PerSec).
- In compliance of EO 14042, candidates must have a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 or can successfully obtain an accommodation status for not being vaccinated in accordance with a protected status under applicable Federal Laws
- Experience in Linux or Unix environment
- Experience in Siemens TIA Portal PLC software
- Experience with troubleshooting industrial communication and networking (ASibus, Ethernet, TCP/IP, or ControlNet.)
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems in a quick and effective manner
- Customer Service oriented personality, with good relationship skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position working a shift schedule for 40 hrs with occasional response to customer emergency calls for repairs outside of shift hours.
- 10% of the time for training
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Lifts 50 pounds frequently, and up To 75 pounds occasionally. Carries 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically working in an airport security checkpoint and is exposed to airborne dust particles, passenger belongings/trash, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazards, sharp metal edges, vibration, mechanical solvents, lubrications, and cleaning liquids. Noise level is generally moderate, but with an occasional loud environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.