As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
As a High Capacity Sorter Controls Product Specialist you will be working as part of the North American Field Service Support team to assist Vanderlande material handling customers minimize downtime through onsite intervention. Your role will be to triage, diagnose and resolve system errors, faults and disruptions. You will work closely with the customer as well as onsite maintenance team to quickly restore service. This position will be field based and will require occasional travel to customer sites throughout North America
High Capacity Sorter Controls Product Specialist
The candidate must be able to demonstrate 3+ years’ experience working as a site based or remote support engineer with a focus on material handling systems in the warehouse and parcel vertical. A competency in Mechanical/Electrical, Operational Technology (OT) SCADA, PLC, FSC, WMS and WCS is required The candidates should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of successful troubleshooting of complex material handling systems.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Operational Technology (OT) and HMI troubleshooting
- Mechanical adjustment of installed equipment
- Onsite support for recent installations
- Training for internal and customer teams
- Work with VI remote support on incident management for Vanderlande supported material handling solutions
- Support of Low-Level-Controls systems, and PLC issues raised by customers
- Able to diagnose, and rectify Low-Level-Controls and PLC faults within tight deadlines
- Work to process and escalate as required
- Write up incident summaries and provide reports as and when required
- Willing to work on shift and be on out of hours on call cover
Required Education and Experience:
- Experienced to degree level in a relevant engineering competency
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mechatronic/controls experience
- Hands-on experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Understand Controls software for automated logistics systems
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed
- Good team player
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities
- Pragmatic and proactive
- Good analytical skills
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Great troubleshooter and problem solver
- Service minded
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time , field position located in our North American HQ in Marietta, GA.
- Occasional travel to customer sites in North America is required.
- Some international travel will be required for training purposes.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The role will be field based requiring travel to our customer’s locations throughout North America. Candidates should be able to access the customer environment unhindered to perform essential functions of this job.
The role will require the candidate once established to provide cover for other team members, and assist in training , development and mentoring of other members of the team. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.