Field Service Product Specialist – Amazon
The candidate must be able to demonstrate 3+ years’ experience working as a site based or remote field service engineer with a focus on material handling systems in the warehouse and parcel vertical. A competency in Mechanical/Electrical, some Low-Level Controls (LLC) logic, and PLC knowledge of sortation and material handling systems is required. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of successful troubleshooting, installation standards and operating requirements of complex material handling systems.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Very strong electromechanical troubleshooting/diagnostics
- Onsite support for recent installations
- Training for internal and customer teams
- Work with VI remote support on incident management for Vanderlande supported material handling solutions
- Support of electromechanical and some logic incidents raised by customers
- Capable to thoroughly inspect installation and operation quality performance for MHS systems
- Prepare and execute service calls, preventive, emergency, and corrective maintenance
- Report and document internal and customer service requests
- Advise and execute optimization of material handling systems, specifically for Amazon sorter platforms
- Coordinate resolution support efforts with remote support services for controls related issues (PLC, SCADA, etc.)
- Analyze system performance and the operator influence
- Monitor material handling systems prior to and after changes have been implemented
- Propose improvements for the quality of material handling systems
- Develop service supporting tools and new ways of working
- Perform preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance work orders
- Troubleshoot system issues related electro-mechanical equipment, controls (PLC, SCADA, etc.) and field device networks (ASi, Profi-Bus, etc.).
- Research and request spare parts as required
- Assist customer operations as required
- Provide maintenance training as necessary
- Complete CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) service reports, parts consumption, and warranty records
- Exercise safe working practice at all times
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of three (3) years automated material handling system experience with troubleshooting mechanical, electrical and controls (PLC, SCADA, etc.) components
- Experience troubleshooting Variable Frequency Drives, Frequency Inverters and Motor Starters
- Experience with troubleshooting field device networks such as ASi Bus, Profi-Bus, Profi-Net, etc.
- May have to work extended hours in a stressful environment during nights and on the weekends
- Much have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years of material handing experience, especially at Amazon warehouse sites
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs and field device networks
- Continuous improvement/Lean Six Sigma experience
- Maximo CMMS experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Technical certification or up to degree level in a relevant engineering competency
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electromechanical/controls experience
- Hands-on experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed
- Strong team player
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities
- Pragmatic and proactive
- Good analytical skills
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Great troubleshooter and problem solver
- Service minded
- Efficient computer skills with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and stress resistant
- Innovative and self-assured Decision-making ability
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, based at our Marietta, GA office with the potential for flexible availability covering extended hours, possibly 7 days per week to satisfy needs of the business.
Some international travel will be required for training purposes.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Candidates should be able to access the customer environment unhindered to perform essential functions of this job. The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to material handling systems, mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The Technician will encounter mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment. Ear protection should be worn.
The role will require the candidate once established to provide cover for other team members, and assist in training , development and mentoring of other members of the team. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.