We are searching for a highly motivated, self-starter who is experienced in automation and has a strong technical aptitude across multiple disciplines. Our goal is to provide world class service to our customers, and you will be critical in maintaining that for our field service department.
Reporting to the ANZ Business Service Manager you will become part of a dynamic team of strong autonomous individuals, whom you will support to build on the current field service team. Together with the team you will have a focus on ensuring all processes are in place to deliver world class service and safety,
You will be a key decision maker and driver of the team culture “Safety first, Quality Always” within the Australian service organisation.
Your day-to-day challenges will be
- Preventative and corrective maintenance at our customer sites in greater Sydney.
- Fault finding on automated systems.
- Using data analytics to Enhance system performance.
- Developing your technical skills in Automation, and
- Providing technical support to our customers
- Establish and re-enforce the processes and safety culture for the field service department.
- Deploying small retrofit solutions
Travelling around the suburbs of Melbourne, the sites you will be servicing on a day-to-day basis include some the most automated and complex systems built in Australia. You will travel to multiple sites that include new and established systems in the warehouse, parcel and airports divisions that are managed by some of our well-established global partners.
A critical aspect of this role is that you will be required to be on an on-call basis. This may involve you having to travel out to customer sites on weekends and nights, when necessary.
Vanderlande will provide you with a company vehicle and all the tools required to complete all your work while out on these sites.
- Trade, Diploma or Degree qualification, with at least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience as a Service/field service Technician
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude (Dual Trade – desired)
- Displays understanding of controls (including PLC/industrial PCs), electrical/mechanical systems, software, and networks
- Intermediate MS Office Suite user
- Honest, reliable and proactive with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Experience in logistics, parcel or baggage automated systems.
- You must hold a current New South Wales Drivers Licence
- Must hold a current A grade electrical license issued by the relevant authority / regulator
- Living in Melbourne, Australia.
- Permanent Resident or Citizen.