We are seeking Baggage System Associates (Unjammer) for the purpose of clearing baggage jams and fault’s as well as monitoring BHS and airline baggage operations.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
• Clear bag jams and respond to trouble calls in the Baggage Handling System
• Maintaining cleanliness of system, providing cleaning including but not limited to sweeping, housekeeping, collecting trash, cleaning dust and debris and general housekeeping of area around system
• Demonstrate a basic mechanical aptitude
• Monitor the BHS system from Control room as needed
• Follow instructions from control room operators, technicians and supervisors on maintenance needs
• Exercise safe working practices at all times, demonstrating and complying with all Company safety policies, including but not limited to personal protection equipment, following Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum 1 year working experience in an industrial environment
• Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
• Minimum 1 year working experience in an material handling (baggage handling, material, warehouse, distribution center, etc) environment
• Technically inclined, with potential to learn and grow into maintaining material handling systems
• Basic Computer skills (Word, Excel).
• General technical knowledge of conveyor systems.
• Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
• Strong communication skills – Verbal and Written
• Strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
• Customer and service oriented
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 4 shifts available; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: Unjammers work in hangars, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules. Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.