Do you have a pro-active ‘getting things done’ and hands-on mentality, and are you the experienced Teamleader we are looking for?
As Team leader Field Service Engineering you will lead the team together with another team leader, both 50% in the Veghel office, 50% billable working at our customer sites. You are responsible for the general management of our field service engineers within the Benelux region. You are in charge of the daily operations of the team, consisting of 24 professionals with 12 direct reports. Together with your team you ensure the optimal execution and continuous improvement of the asset services for our customers in the Benelux. Your challenge is to further develop your team and optimize the processes to increase the added value for our internal and external customers. During your work in the field you are the ambassador of Vanderlande during the whole operational phase. Most important part of your activities in the field will be inspect/maintain/repair the different Vanderlande systems following the contract agreements and report your findings. You’ll travel trough the Benelux with your lease car. Due to the work in the field you’ll have a good feeling of the work and situation of the engineers, you’re easy and quickly accessible and you’re good able to assess their work. In this role safety has the highest priority.
Tasks and responsibilities
Tasks as Teamleader:
- Drive business growth by developing the competences in the team to enable better performance;
- Build, motivate and manage the team;
- Budget control and reporting on all the related team processes;
- You develop the execution processes, focus on added value and be a direct sparring partner for the service contact managers;
- Support the team in critical issues and requests as well internally as to external stakeholders (customers, SCM, SD, MD, planning, back office, groupleader, service mngr);
- Together with the team embed and optimize the way of work and the tools in use
- Prepare and guide the team meetings together (5 times a year)
- Appraisals, mid-year review, improvement, goalsetting and development conversations
- Make sure safety items are reported and processed and give toolboxes to the team
Tasks in the field:
- Make an important contribution to the goal of achieving the highest possible customer satisfaction, with the continuity of the customer process being central.
- Responsible for proper implementation of the preventive and corrective maintenance of the material handling system, as contractually agreed with the customer.
- You prepare visits to a customer. For this you collect project information and analyze previous visits.
- After and during your work on site, you provide a thorough report of the inspections or maintenance carried out.
- Projects initiated by the service organization may also be carried out/supported as a project engineer.
- You have at least a MBO (Secondary vocational education) diploma and 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in the field and/or as team leader of a technical team.
- Knowledge of and experience with electro-mechanical systems is a must. Knowledge of controls (including PLC/Industrial PCs) and bus systems is an advantage.
- You have a continuous improvement mind-set and strong customer focus.
- You have a strong characters who dare to give an appraisal, dare to be critical, want to stand among people, work in a structured way.
- You are an example in your work and behavior (radiate VI policy and core values) and are energetic and positive.
- Safety oriented with knowledge and training.
- You have a drive to win, result and goal oriented with a hands-on mentality.
- Excellent people management and communicative skills and good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Experience in the field of logistics, mail or baggage sorting systems is an advantage
- Willingness to work 8 Saturdays a year.
- In possession of driving license B.
In the challenging and responsible position of team leader Field Service Engineering you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to leading projects and you will be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with plenty of room for personal development. Joining our profitable and growing company will allow you to achieve your goals and focus on your future.
This position offers a salary range of €4.100,– to €5.300,– per month. When exceeding performance expectations, you even have the opportunity to grow beyond this scale.
On top of your salary you will receive the following fringe benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 legal days and a flexible budget that allows you to buy another 20 days)
- Travel time is working time for the days you work in the field
- Daily allowance for the days you work in the field
- Lease car
- Pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance
- Health center on site with a gym, physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to improve your skills
- Opportunity to participate in various Vanderlande communities and networks
Within Vanderlande, the Customer Centre Warehousing solutions (CC WS INT) is active throughout the world. You will be part of the Service Operations organization Benelux, an internationally operating service organization for our customers in the Benelux region. Service Operations Benelux consists of around 65 employees who work together to make sure systems are available around the clock for our customers to use. Apart from the traditional service delivery, we are also dedicated to developing ourselves as a business partner for our customers.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands). If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the position of Teamleader Field Service Engineering appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Chiel Janssen (Recruiter) (0413-494 102) or firstname.lastname@example.org).