Vanderlande is the market leader in efficient logistics process automation within the airports and parcel sector. In addition, we are a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande has a strong strategic partnership with Heathrow Airport. Heathrow, with more than 80 million passengers a year, is the most active airport in Europe as it has the most connections to other airports. All these passengers expect their luggage to reach the same destination. That’s where Vanderlande comes in as a strategic partner having full responsibility of the performance and maintenance of Heathrow’s baggage handling systems.
Working within London Heathrow Airport, the General Operative will assist with routine maintenance duties to ensure productivity and output equipment availability, health & safety compliance and quality. You will be performing the following tasks:
- Operational checks, functionality checks, cleaning, adjustment, lubrication and monitoring. Find root cause of issues and find permanent solutions to issues encountered.
- Assist with planned preventative maintenance, corrective and reactive maintenance in timely manner as required.
- Be the 1st line of response to bag jams.
What we expect from you
As a General Operative you would be willing to assist and learn from a multi-disciplined team in a fast moving environment. We expect the following of you:
- You have a proactive approach to fault finding and act proficient in aspects of the operation and maintenance procedures.
- You act like a team player
- Willing to work shifts including nights
- Willing to work overtime when this is required
What we offer:
- Performance related pay
- Opportunity to develop and progress within Vanderlande
- 288 Hours Holiday
- Bupa Medical Cover
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero or sausage roll at Greggs! Along with hundreds of savings on day to day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume. For more information contact Gareth Jones Recruiter on +44 (0)7391 866 451