Simulation and emulation models provide a fast and efficient means to analyse, validate and optimise the logistic process automation solutions that Vanderlande develops for its customers. The Simulation & Emulation Competence Centre provides simulation and emulation models and services to our Customer Centers worldwide to support the sales, delivery and operations of customer solutions. At the same time, the department is involved heavily in R&D activities to future proof Vanderlande's logistic process automation concepts and to further enhance our modular product platforms. Because only the best is good enough, the department also develops and maintains its own portfolio of simulation and emulation tooling. The Simulation & Emulation Competence Centre is part of the global Technology organisation of Vanderlande. It operates on a global scale with teams in Europe, North-America and Asia.
As Global Manager Simulation & Emulation, you are the head of our Simulation & Emulation Competence Centre. You lead a global team of bright and talented young people who love to solve the world's coolest puzzles and thus provide the valuable insights for Vanderlande to create the best material handling solutions. You work closely with the business stakeholders in the Customer Centers and the Technology organisation to drive the growth and globalization strategy of the simulation & emulation competence. You are based in our head office in The Netherlands and report to the Director Architecture & Integration.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Simulation & Emulation Competence Centre;
- Continuously develop and improve your team and the global simulation & emulation competence in the company in line with the needs of your stakeholders;
- Drive and embed the growth and globalization strategy for the simulation & emulation competence;
- Build a highly skilled agile software development organisation to develop modular simulation and emulation tools that are fully in line with our modular platform strategy;
- Be a trusted mentor and coach for your team of bright and young talents and create a safe base that enables them to grow and learn.
- You have a customer-minded attitude, are business savvy, and have a good eye for the needs of your stakeholders;
- You are a team player in a communicative world with excellent communicative and analytical skills;
- You are a skilled change leader who is able to inspire and develop your team and its stakeholders to take the simulation & emulation competence to the next level;
- You have a hands-off approach to management that enables you to mentor and coach your young team to learn and grow;
- You enjoy working in an international setting and you are willing to travel;
- It is a plus if you have experience with the introduction of agile software development methods;
- It is a plus if you have experience in the definition of system concepts or simulation studies in one or more of the domains where Vanderlande is active (logistic process automation for airports, parcel and warehousing);
- You have a technical Master’s degree with 5 to 10 years relevant working experience;
- You have excellent knowledge of the English language (any other language is a plus).
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
- 27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days;
- Flexible working hours;
- Training and coaching to support personal development;
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Vanderlande is the global leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If you want to apply now, please upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information you can contact Eric Everstijn (recruiter) on +31413495288.