Assignment type: Graduation
Assignment data: January/ February 2022
Assignment duration: Six months
Location: Veghel and home office
Desired study: Information Technology/lCT or Business Development
Language: Dutch or English
Description of the assignment
- One of the goals of Vanderlande is to transform from an engineer-to-order company into a market-driven, platform and configure-to-order based solution provider. The platform way of working supported by Model Based System Engineering results in a reduction in customer project lead time, costs and risks.
- To support our sales department with configurable solutions available in our market-driven platform, the platform should provide typical Process Flow Diagrams (PFD} that model the warehouse operational processes. These PFD's must use the warehouse domain ubiquitous language.
Develop a DSL using Systems Modeling Language, SysML, modelling warehouse processes. The DSL must be generic enough to model the wide range of warehousing solutions Vanderlande provides to its customers and must be based on warehouse domain objects as recognized in the ubiquitous language.
The Architecture & Integration department is responsible for giving direction to architectural patterns to be used in the development of the platform and its components.
- Study the warehouse domain from asales engineering/customer perspective
- Describe the ubiquitous language of the warehouse domain
- Create a domain specific language , in SysM L, based on warehouse domain objects
- Model typical warehouse processes such as receiving, stock management, order fulfillment, shipping
- Present the results in a report, in which theory, design, analysis and conclusion are well separated
- Present and demonstrate to a Vanderlande audience
- Show, verify and validate the domain language by modeling specific warehouse system solutions for market segments such as Food, General Merchandise and Fashion
- Systems thinking
- System Modeling knowledge
- Affinity with modeling tools
- Affinity with or interest in (warehouse) logistics
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Are you looking for an internship in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or contact Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 – 75 50 87.