Graduation: Increase security on Mobile & Workstation components
Assignment type: Graduation
Start date: February 2021 or earlier
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational level: HBO
Desired study: Software Engineering or related study
Language: English and Dutch are both possible
Within the VIBES product suite we have a lot of software components which are all communicating with each other. This communication is currently using the HTTP/XML protocol, which means that all the information is sent over a plain text protocol. For the Mobile software components we are using the HTTP/XML protocol on one side. On the other side, where we focus on the communication with the frontend, we are using HTTP/Json with basic authentication.
Your assignment consists of researching the possibility to improve the security on the Mobile and Workstation software components.
This research includes:
- Move to HTTPS without having all other components upgraded
- Usage of, for example, JSON web tokens instead of basic authentication
- How to deal with Certificates and expiration dates
- Other recommendations to improve overall system security
Vanderlande Industries delivers material handling systems to control product flows in buildings. Distribution centers for postal services, sorting centers for package delivery and baggage handling systems on airports are the main business units.
This assignment is focused on the baggage handling systems. In this department we are designing, producing and implementing airports worldwide. The systems are all different in size and complexity.
You as an intern will be working at our department next to the software engineers which are working on building the VIBES product suite. This gives you the possibility to work on your own project where you can consult the software engineers. Furthermore, it makes it possible to immediately see how your assignment will be used.
Tasks / responsibilities
- Examine the Mobile & Workstation components
- Create a detailed report that identifies weak spots
- Create a detailed report that includes recommendations to improve the security
- Provide a Proof of Concept for both Mobile and Workstations components
- Demo research and results to stakeholders
- English proficiency
- Software and ICT skills
- Knowledge about C#, Java & Ionic (Angular Typescript)
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? And are you looking for an internship/graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or Jasper Pijnenburg (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 413 49 44 08.