Graduation: Quantify the performance impact when applying secure communication techniques in the OT domain
Assignment type: Graduation
Start date: February 2021
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational level: HBO / WO
Desired study: Software Engineering or Computer Science
Language: Dutch or English
Security is becoming a priority in industrial IT and Operational Technology (OT) as connectivity to external networks grow and attacks on Operational Technology increase.
Industrial cybersecurity developed into a board-level topic.
Within Next Level Automation, the team that develops the future Operational Technology for Vanderlande, we use DDS (Data Distribution Service) as middleware component. Really a lot questions pops up when security is considered….. questions like
- What happens if (DDS) security certificates will be used?
- What penalty will be caused by using encrypted messaging.
- How this will affect the asset management?
Within Development Centre Equipment the OT software modules for the future are developed within the project team Next Level Automation. This ambitious team is multidisciplinary, experienced, agile but most of all very open minded when it comes to the future way of working.
Participating this team ensures an impressive inspirational environment while working on your assignment.
Tasks / responsibilities
- Collect information;. Have a common understanding of the necessary steps to reach service Level 4 of IEC6244-3-3
- Introduce the DDS security standards, invest alternatives and decide the technological directive with the architects
- Investigate the consequences of using security plugins
- Create a test model to determine the penalty (DEMO is a must)
- Present your conclusion and advisement
- Pro-active & enterprising (inter)personality
- Hands-on mentality (IPC or Pi’s with Linux OS)
- General knowledge of data communication in industrial systems
- Openminded combined with pragmatic result-driven attitude
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? And are you looking for an internship/graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jasper Pijnenburg (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 413 49 44 08.