As a Group Leader of SPM you are managing a group of 5 Service Project Managers, who are in managing the Revision, Retrofit and Modification projects at our customers. This group executes ~75 projects with a total sales value of ~€20M. You report to the Manager Service Projects of CC INT within the business unit Warehouse Solutions of Vanderlande.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You are responsible for resource management, maintenance of and adherence to our defined way of working and in the end the results on service project execution, both financially as well as customer satisfaction.
- Resource planning: identify the demand in projects and maintain the resource planning while keeping a balance between the needs of projects and the ambitions of individual employee. Contribute to long term workforce / capability planning.
- Align resources supply and demand with other Vanderlande offices globally
- Personal Development of employees: identify need for coaching and training and arrange this.
- Performance management: monitor the performance and give feedback amongst others via goalsetting, the mid-year review and yearly appraisals.
- Regular meetings with team members to discuss the personal wellbeing and the progress of the work in the project.
- Development and implementation of business plans/initiatives/programs for your own team
- Management of RMR project business: staff, operations, quality, finance/P&L Contract with customer
- Develop and implement dashboard to measure regional and HQ performance of Service Projects
- Professionalize way of working of RMR in regions and support development in Branches/Major Accounts
- Communication with customer.
- Cost control, budget control and evaluation.
- Make weekly and monthly reports concerning problems and incidents.
- Responsible for health, safety and environment on site.
Within Vanderlande, the Customer Centre Warehousing Solutions International (CC WS INT) is active throughout the world. You are part of the Service Operations organization, an internationally operating service organization for our customers. Service Operations consists of more than 300 employees who work together to make sure systems are available around the clock for our customers to use. Apart from the traditional service delivery, we are also dedicated to developing ourselves as a business partner for our customers.
- Strong personality, sociable and ambitious person;
- Customer and service minded, commercially strong;
- >2 years international, multi discipline Project (and/or Line) management experience;
- Ability to move the team to the next level in order to support further growth in a fast growing, dynamic environment;.
- Higher level technical/business education. (Bachelor degree)
- Excellent verbal and oral skills in English language
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 5.300 to € 6.800 gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Are you interested in this position Then apply now!
For more information about the position, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg on +31 413 49 44 08
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.