In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive an incident and injury free culture, and fulfil a role that meaningfully impacts the company's success. Lead the delivery of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality in a dynamic, evolving and challenging environment. Drive continued focus on culture of quality and “right first time” ethos, whilst ensuring compliance to internal and external process requirements. Embed a culture that focusses upon building partnerships and managing relationships.
You are responsible for
- Driving compliance and operational effectiveness of HSEQ Management systems whilst ensuring continuous improvement across the UK business.
- Leading the UK HSEQ team (±12 persons) integrating with cross functional and multidiscipline teams. Through effective leadership and motivation, drive the progression of HSEQ in the UK and global organisation.
- Identify and assess threats/hazards that pose a risk to the organization and advise mitigation measures at strategic and operational levels to ensure business continuity.
- Coordinate and complete continuous improvement projects on time within budget and within scope.
- Ensure compliance is maintained within external certification including ISO45001, ISO 9001, ISO50001 and other legal or customer requirements as appropriate.
- Drive local implementation of the global sustainability strategy in alignment with customer sustainability strategies.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability.
- Support a safe and engaging working environment across the business units.
You are a part of
A market-leading, global partner for future-proof logistic process automation in the warehousing, airports and parcel sectors. We have more than 9,000 employees, all committed to moving our customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations around the world. At Vanderlande UK Ltd. we currently employ around 800 people. You will lead the HSEQ team, located in London (Hayes, Harlington). You are part of the Senior Leadership team, and report directly to the UK Branch Director. Collaboration with the Global HSEQ teams is essential to deliver best practice across the wider organisation.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Health and Safety degree / NVQ Level 6 in H&S / NEBOSH certified.
- Min. 3 years of experience from a similar senior position within HSE.
- Strong understanding of behavioural safety and safety culture influences.
- Self-reliant in developing strategy, challenging plans, gaining acceptance and delivering the plans to time.
- Departmental / Team Management / Senior Leadership experience & skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills for Internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional approach with excellent networking and negotiating skills.
In return, we offer you
A challenging position that offers the chance to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Colleagues and a culture that inspire all employees to do their best. We offer a fulltime position in an informal, professional work and technical innovative environment with a lot of possibilities to further develop the role and yourself.
This is in addition to
- 28 vacation days plus 8 bank holidays
- Family Medical Cover
- Car Allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Training possibilities
- Travel compensation
Why should you join Vanderlande?
Our Vanderlande colleagues are passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on our key customer projects. They develop themselves in a challenging and international environment. Are you looking to develop your career and satisfy your ambitions at a company where you can aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth and thrive on achievement? Aspire. Grow. Achieve. Together.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like working at Vanderlande, visit the working with us page on our career website.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information contact Jasper Pijnenburg, Recruiter, on +31 413 49 44 08 .