Head of Sales – WS UK
Managing Director – WS UK
Vanderlande is the global market leader in automation systems and solutions for customers within the Airports, Parcel & Warehousing sectors striving to improve the competitiveness of our customers through Value Added logistic process automation.
Working within the WS Senior Leadership team, the Head of Sales WS UK will lead a team of Sales managers & Sales engineering to identify new business opportunity with existing and prospective customers and convert them into sales to meet the company targets for growth and profitability. The Sales Director will need to understand the complexities of automation, robotics and special purpose machinery and work cross the business to assist with the delivery of complex projects in a dynamic, evolving and challenging environment.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Driving best practice across the Sales function.
- Lead the Sales Department in the development of solutions to meet UKs customer needs.
- Communicate new product propositions to existing and prospective customers
- Plan, prepare and deliver responses (inclusive of presentations) to existing and prospective customer
- Produce a monthly sales report covering activity of you and your team
- Promote and develop corporate image and reputation and contribute to overall business development plan
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and provide the Managing Director with market activity feedback
- Challenge, support and provide business assurance of project delivery.
- Embedding a culture that focusses upon building partnerships, managing relationships and providing benefits realisation.
- Developing profitable relationships within the market and becomes strategic partner for decision makers.
- Conducts market research, generates leads, gathers the relevant information on the DMU’s and bidding process and develops win-strategy for projects.
- Understanding the customer’s business, processes and values, anticipate on this, with the aim to prepare a spot-on proposition, which exceeds customer’s expectations.
- Adheres to process map 2.0.
- Champions and Drives the Achieving Customer Excellence program
- Develops new ways of working and drive continuous improvement within the Sales department inc. process, tools, etc.
- Is strategic business partner for Senior Leadership team on the overall Vanderlande UK Sales strategy
- Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team in ensuring sales strategy is aligned with company strategy
Build Reputation with Customers
- Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded.
- Excellent networker who draws great benefit from relationships and can negotiate at senior levels.
Drive to Win
- Through effective leadership and motivation, drive the progression of Sales within the UK
- Lead and motivate the Sales department to sell products.
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business.
- Is adaptable and capable of operating within other cultures and can establish relationships with internal and external customers.
Every day better
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability.
Safe Base & We Care
- Support a safe working environment within Warehouse Solutions through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture.
- Departmental/Team Management and Leadership
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience selling advanced automated technology and complex engineered systems
- Proven track record in a technical sales role within an engineering market sector.
- Relationship management.
- Excellent presentation skills at all levels.
- Professional approach with excellent networking and negotiating skills.
- Good understanding of HR procedures, people development and succession planning.
- Risk mitigation, business development, commercially aware.
- Management of stakeholders at senior management level.
- Provides information and expectations at all levels.
- Self-reliant in developing strategy, challenging plans, gaining acceptance and delivering the plans to time.
- Has the ability to manage time, quality and cost and profit.
- Budget management
- Strong negotiations and influencing skills for Internal, Customers and Suppliers, can settle contract issues professionally.
- Multidisciplinary in nature with the ability to work under pressure.
- Mature level of management responsibility and accountability.