Head of Supply Shared Services
Are you looking to develop your career in leading the VOICE Supply Shared Services department in Pune, India and satisfy your ambitions at a company where you can aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth and thrive on achievement?
Vanderlande is a market-leading, global partner for future-proof logistic process automation in the warehousing, airports and parcel sectors. Its extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realization of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
VOICE is the Global Capability Center (GCC) of Vanderlande based in Pune, India. Launched in the year 2008, the state-of-the-art center is designed to enable sustainable growth by delivering excellence at the heart of Vanderlande. Over the last 15 years, VOICE has expanded its capabilities to support multiple business units across geographies. The VOICE-GCC is deeply integrated into all aspects of the business – Engineering, Development Centre Equipment (DCE), Development Centre Software (DCS), Quality and Data Analytics, Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Financial Shared Services (FSSC), and Supply Chain.
At Vanderlande, we are seeking passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on our Global Supply Chain, while developing a prosperous career in a fast-paced international environment.
The Head of Supply Shared Services is responsible for meeting the service level agreements (SLAs) with our internal Supply customers. The main internal customer are the three Supply Chain centers (North-America, Europe and Asia) for whom some of their key processes are executed within VOICE. The Head of Supply Shared Services’ primary responsibility is to align capacities with the regional Supply Chain centers and manage the capabilities and execution of the prime capabilities: Ordering, Planning, Masterdata and Sourcing. In due time other capabilities can be added such as Quality and Physical Distribution. Over time, other activities in Supply can be explored to be added to the portfolio. The Head of Supply Shared Services is pivotal in an efficient Supply Chain operation within Vanderlande. In total, there are currently 25 people working in the Shared Services for Supply Chain. The objective is to grow this to approximately 100 employees in the next few years.
You will be responsible for managing, integrating and further developing your teams in a dynamic environment. Global alignment, planning, project and people management will be a high priority, and in that respect, you will be a facilitator and a change manager. You will empower your teams, work in an engaging manner with the Front Office teams in the regions to further professionalize Supply Shared Services. In addition, you will support the integration of future work packages, as well as professionalizing and optimizing of existing processes and procedures.
In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Executive Managing Director India.
You are Responsible for
- Leading and managing the Supply Shared Services team in India. Optimize processes and building a capable and motivated people. With your leadership, employees are encouraged to be the best versions of themselves (day-to-day productivity, personal development, giving feedback, succession planning, recruitment and retention).
- Designing and delivering the Supply Shared Services organization’s vision and executing this vision via a long-term strategic roadmap and delivering against the associated strategies.
- An ongoing focus on providing improved capabilities that contribute to better business operations and outcomes. The continual improvements need to cover a range of shared services attributes (people’s capabilities, service levels, service offerings, and supply chain exploitation).
- Providing effective financial stewardship and demonstrating value creation. You are responsible for the budgets. An entrepeneurial mindset is required to explore new value cases to maximise the value delivered.
- An academic higher education in business and or Supply Chain
- Overall 15 years’ experience , with at least 10 years’ managerial experience gained in a Supply Chain environment or large international organization
- Excellent process skills, and the ability to think in terms of Supply Chain optimization and efficiency improvements.
- Empathy and the ability to engage your team, give them feedback and let them flourish
- Entrepeneurial mindset. Identify opportunities and the ability to engage and convince the global stakeholders
- Leadership skills that will further develop and coach teams through any process change
- A hands-on mentality with experience in a project and/or production environment
- An energetic, flexible, collaborative and pro-active approach
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in writing and verbally
- Based in Pune, India
If this challenging profile appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information about the position, please contact Manisha Mulay, HR Business Partner- VOICE GCC. For information about the process please contact Sugato Maitra, Senior TA Specialist.