HR Service Agent – UK
People Services Lead – UK
Vanderlande is the global market leader in automation systems and solutions for customers within the Airports, Parcel & Warehousing sectors striving to improve the competitiveness of our customers through Value Added logistic process automation.
The HR Service Agent is part of the People Services organization and is acting as the first point of contact for employees where self-service is either unavailable or where the query cannot be resolved through self-service channels available. The HR Service Agent provides answers to frequent and/or simple questions related to e.g. HR policies, processes and systems and executes basic transactions unavailable through self-service. Complex queries are escalated to specialists.
The HR Service Agent supports employees and managers in becoming more familiar with self-service channels. As a frontline HR employee, the HR Service Agent has an important role in delivering the desired service levels and Employee Experience. He or she safeguards a coherent employee experience and has deep focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
If you are passionate about creating a great employee experience, People Services is the place for you! We can offer you interesting career paths as an HR generalist, HR specialist and multiple HR Service Delivery Roles. As we grow, you can build and grow your career with us.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Create a highly professional and effective first point of contact for all internal customers.
- Provide query resolution services to all employees on policies, processes and systems and escalate to specialists as and when required
- Documenting inquiries through ticketing and case management solution
- Meets defined SLA metrics for providing accurate, consistent and timely services
- Perform back-office process execution, high volume transactions and align with WSS where required (if in scope, dependent on role Hire-to-Retire team)
- Accountable for completing relevant research to support query resolution
- Responsible for executing processes in line with policies and standard operating procedures
- Ownership of the onboarding and off-boarding process for employees.
- Provide guidance to employees and managers on self-service transactions, HR portal navigation, and policy interpretation to facilitate self-support
- Supports ad hoc projects and activities related to People Services
- Leverage data insights to continuously monitor effectiveness of service delivery and to elevate the employee experience
- Develops new ways of working and drive continuous improvement within the People Services Team.
- Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for collaborating with People Services leads to understand and implement processes, focusing on employee experience and continuous improvement of employee life events
Build Reputation with Customers
- Responsible for identifying service issues, proactively proposing improvements and leading or supporting the implementation of changes
Drive to Win
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business.
- Working closely with stakeholders in their needs and requirements
- Is adaptable and capable of operating within other cultures and can establish relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be part of (one or more) Capability Expert Communities to bring in the People Services perspective in the overall maintenance and improvement of HR Capabilities
Every day better
- Support a safe working environment within Vanderlande through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture.
Safe Base & We Care
- Passionate about service delivery, a great service mindset.
- Team player as well as working on own initiative
- Can do attitude, willing to help and support team members.
- To support People Services team as and when required for administrative support.
- Always looking to be proactive and support the team on delivery projects and initiatives.
- Good understanding of HR policies and procedures desired.
- CIPD Qualified desirable but not essential
- At least 1 years’ experience in HR
- Data driven
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Workday (HR system) experience would be useful but not essential