We have an exciting opportunity within our People Services team for a HR Generalist to assist our growing team in the APAC region. This is an excellent long-term temporary opportunity with full time hours and best suits someone who enjoys a fast paced position.
This HR Generalist role is a hands-on position, providing local HR services in areas such as recruiting, employment, compensation & benefits, HR administration and learning and development. You will have a strong local presence with broad knowledge on various day-to-day processes, acting as the service-oriented face of People Services to the business and its employees. You will deliver services that vary from highly transactional to interactive and knowledge-oriented, depending on the employee query.
You will be based at Vanderlande's Australian head office in North Sydney, a modern and thriving workplace with many public transport options. This role also offers the opportunity to work from home on a frequent basis.
- Performs duties in various local HR-related tasks as needed, such as recruitment, administrative tasks, employee relations and compensation & benefits through applicable solutions
- Serves as a key contact point for employees and managers to resolve queries and personnel-related challenges and give guidance on the key activities and processes within the yearly HR cycle
- Responsible for LR/ER-related activities and resolution of employee relations related cases
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the local labour market and ensures that HR Service Delivery is aligned to and compliant with local laws and regulations
- Maintain locally required records and ensure relevant (local) technology systems and database are up to date, accurate and comply with legislation
- Ensures that personnel policies and procedures are followed, in line with global and local compliance needs
- Provide guidance to employees and managers on self-service transactions, HR portal navigation, and policy interpretation to facilitate self-support
- Generates operational reports and analyse data to identify continuous improvement opportunities for local HR service delivery
- Responsible for implementing operational procedures to drive efficiency and continuous improvement
- Responsible for collaborating with People Services leads to understand and implement processes, focusing on employee experience and continuous improvement of employee life events
- Responsible for monitoring overall service satisfaction with HR, business leaders, people managers and employees
- Be part of our many capability expert communities as a subject matter expert to bring in the People Services perspective in the overall maintenance and improvement of HR Capabilities
- Be part of the Local Improvement Committee to drive (local) improvements in service delivery in close collaboration with the HR Business Partners, actively contribute to the continuous improvement agenda by being the voice of the customer of the local business needs, whilst understanding and complying with global standards
- Give input to subject matter experts for development of innovative people solutions, and HR Business Partners on change and communications plans for large scale change programs
- Be an ambassador of the HR transformation and adoption of the HR Service Delivery Model with the business, act as a role model
What we offer
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to someone who is a team player with a positive, energetic attitude and work ethic as well as the ability to think outside the square. We offer unlimited career growth and development within the regional and global organisation.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does. To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume.