HR & Payroll Administrator – UK
HR Senior Advisor – Strategic Partnership
Vanderlande is the global market leader in automation systems and solutions for customers within the Airports, Parcel & Warehousing sectors striving to improve the competitiveness of our customers through Value Added logistic process automation.
The HR & Payroll Administrator supports employees, managers and HR team with maintaining and updating the Time Management system, payroll queries and Absence Management documentation. A frontline HR employee, the HR& Payroll Administrator has an important role ensuring the Time Management system is update, payroll reports are delivered in a timely and accurate manner and ensuring the absence Management policy is followed. He or she has deep focus on operational excellence and continuous improvement.
If you are passionate about creating a great employee experience, Vanderlande is the place for you! We can offer you interesting career paths as an HR generalist, HR specialist and HR Manager and multiple HR Service Delivery Roles. As we grow, you can build and grow your career with us.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Create a highly professional and effective first point of contact for all internal customers for Time Management queries
- Provide query resolution services to all employees for absence Management and Payroll queries on relevant processes and systems and escalate as and when required
- Meets defined SLA metrics for providing accurate, consistent and timely services
- Perform back-office process execution, high volume transactions and align with Company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for completing relevant research to support query resolution
- Responsible for executing processes in line with policies and standard operating procedures
- Provide guidance to employees and managers on Time Management System and Payroll queries
- Supports ad hoc projects and activities related to HR
- Develops new ways of working and drive continuous improvement within the HR Team.
- Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for collaborating with HR Advisors to understand and implement processes, focusing on employee experience
Build Reputation with Customers
- Responsible for identifying Time Management and Payroll issues, proactively proposing improvements and leading or supporting the implementation of changes
Drive to Win
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business.
- Working closely with stakeholders in their needs and requirements
- Is adaptable and capable of operating within other cultures and can establish relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be part of (one or more) Capability Expert Communities to bring in the HR perspective in the overall maintenance and improvement of HR Capabilities
- Be part of the Local Improvement Committee to drive (local) improvements in service delivery in close collaboration with the HRBP(s)
Every day better
- Support a safe working environment within Vanderlande through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture.
Safe Base & We Care
- Passionate about service delivery, a great service mindset.
- Team player as well as working on own initiative
- Can do attitude, willing to help and support team members.
- To support HR team as and when required for administrative support.
- Always looking to be proactive and support the team on delivery projects and initiatives.
- Good understanding of HR policies and procedures desired.
- At least 6 months of experience in HR & Payroll admin
- Data driven
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Workday (HR system) and Mitre Finch (Time Management System) experience would be useful but not essential