Role: HR Project Portfolio Manager
Job Location: Pune
Company Profile of Vanderlande
Vanderlande is a market-leading, global partner for future-proof logistic process automation in the warehousing, airports and parcel sectors. Its extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements.
Vanderlande’s warehousing solutions are the first choice for major e-commerce players in food, fashion and general merchandise across the globe. The company helps them to fulfil their promise of same-day delivery for billions of orders, with nine of the 15 largest global food retailers relying on its efficient and reliable solutions.
As a global partner for future-proof airport solutions, Vanderlande’s market-leading baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. These are active in more than 600 airports, including 12 of the world’s top 20.
Vanderlande is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions that address the challenges in the parcel market. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel handling companies.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 8,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of 1.8 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past seven decades as a highly reliable partner for future-proof logistic process automation.
Vanderlande was acquired in 2017 by Toyota Industries Corporation, which will help it to continue its sustainable profitable growth. The two companies have a strong strategic match, and the synergies include cross-selling, product innovations and research and development.
For more information about Vanderlande, its products and technology, as well as career opportunities, please visit www.vanderlande.com.
The global Vanderlande HR organization is made up of over 250+ colleagues around the world. The team consists of HR professionals in one of the following three domains: HR Business Partners, Centres of Expertise and People Services.
This individual will report into the Chief People Officer (CPO), and will work with various stakeholders involved in strategic projects and transformation programs in Vanderlande.
The HR Project Portfolio Manager is an individual contributor who will play a pivotal role in the transformation of the HR organisation and deliver scalable HR services to support the growth and internationalization of the Company.
The global HR leadership team has identified a number of key priority projects derived from the people strategy and specific people plans in each of the business units, customer centers and supply centers. In addition, we need to collect, steer and prioritize the overall continuous improvement (CI) portfolio of initiatives on our way to deliver HR services with better quality at lower cost and in a globally consistent way to the organization.
To do this, Vanderlande has defined a compelling People Strategy with 5 key pillars and 12 key priority programs. The HR Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for coordinating this portfolio of activities. As this is a new role we are looking for a new colleague who is up for a challenge and able to define and mature the role as we grow this capability in the business.
In your role you will coordinate the key priority projects within the Human Resources department. You will be responsible to collect, track (including value) and support the initiation and steering of our projects and initiatives in order for the total Human Resources organization to become more successful in the future. The HR team recognizes that we need to synchronize our improvements so all teams benefit from the improvements brought forward. You will report to the HR Strategy & Transformation Manager who is a member of the global HR Leadership team. Can you help us out?
- Collect and maintain the portfolio of projects and improvement initiatives within the HR Organization
- Track progress, impact (also for the customer) and value of all initiatives on a regular basis from initiation until closure
- Determine key topics for improvements based on NPS, eSAT, financial metrics and incentives of senior line management
- Turn improvements into initiatives, projects and programs in order to enable the desired results for the future
- Interact with local CI teams, build relationships and understand the main challenges behind the initiatives on the local CI roadmap
- Help the HR Leadership Team to coordinate initiatives to allow for the best overall result
- Review initiatives at the start of the project to ensure they are set up for success, including the correct staffing, resources, and budget
- Facilitate in setting up business cases and project charter for initiatives
- Help to communicate effectively during and at the end of initiatives in order to create visibility of the improvements
- Facilitate the celebration of success at the end of projects
- Enable one way of working throughout the improvement portfolio
- Manage the degree and speed of change per quarter to allow an effective and efficient drumbeat of improvements coming to the different teams
- Collect and maintain insights in total resources availability to manage the total portfolio of initiatives (project managers, consultants, external hires within the HR Organization)
- Facilitate (and review) stage gate controls for projects in order to start, stop, slow down and accelerate initiatives with the right focus for every phase of the project
- Conduct risk analysis continuously
- Support change management activities in the project portfolio and understand the most important challenges for each project
- Manage key stakeholders in the HR Leadership team and CC MTs on expectations and planning
- Master’s Degree university
- Portfolio Management courses (optional)
- Project Management qualification is preferred
Qualifications & Skills
- 15+ years of Professional experience out of which 4 + years relevant experience in Project portfolio management or program management at top tier consulting, engineering firm or inhouse consulting/strategy/program department
- Professional reporting and presentation skills
- Strong interest in business transformation and change
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Keen to work in an international environment and willing to travel internationally
- Pragmatic and results driven
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- People oriented and good listener
- Conceptual thinker on strategic level
- Pro-active attitude, drive for improvement
- Experience with quality improvement & operational excellence preferably in a technical environment
- Excellent communicator at all levels (able to adjust communication style based on audience)
- Fluent English
- Excellent in cost/budget control