The HSE Technician will execute tasks that support HSE compliance, risk reduction, and continuous improvement efforts under the direction of a Senior HSE Officer. They will work closely with our shop floor associates and leadership teams to help identify and eliminate safety hazards. They will also conduct safety training and promote a culture of safety excellence. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys working with people, has a passion for safety and desires to see their work make an impact.
- Performs scheduled tasks and activities to maintain compliance in all areas of HSE (OSHA, DOT and EPA)
- Works with Manufacturing and Warehouse associates to identify and eliminate safety hazards and compliance issues
- Manages safety observation system to validate timely action closure
- Remediates physical safety hazards and compliance issues
- Conducts HSE risk assessments and audits
- Works with appropriate parties to assist in creating and implementing safe work procedures
- Monitors and communicates established HSE metrics
- Assists in incident investigations to help determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Conducts classroom and hands-on HSE training to ensure effectiveness and compliance
- Assists in the Management of assigned risk reduction, sustainability, and continuous improvement projects
- Participates in assigned corporate HSE assessments at various locations
- Manages records in accordance with regulatory and company standards
- Identifies positive safety recognition opportunities that promote the Vanderlande Safety Commitment
- Participates in operations projects and initiatives (Safety, Sustainability, 5S, Reliability, Quality, etc.)
- Researches regulatory requirements, industry standards, and HSE best practices
- Other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
Required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Two years of experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Competence in MS Office products and Windows-based computer applications
- Experienced in conducting training/ and/or public speaking
- Experienced working with powered industrial truck operation
- Experienced/ knowledgeable in HSE compliance areas (LOTO, Machine Guarding, Powered Industrial Trucks, Ladders and Fall Protection, Hot work, etc.)
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position
This position requires up to 25% local travel, which may change depending on organizational/coverage needs
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours/days as needed
- Must be able to occasionally lift and or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions
- Must be able to travel occasionally and work at multiple locations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.