Position Title: Installation Intern
Vanderlande’s Site Management Department is responsible for the Installation and project execution of Material Handling Systems, Warehouse Automation and Sortation systems for our customers throughout North America. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and efficiencies and improvements are required. You will report hierarchically to the Industrial Engineer of Site Management. In this position, you will be working within a fast-paced Site Management team to analyze and record data concerning installation durations. You will also be responsible for helping Site Management provide updates and document site progress.
Internship Program overview:
Vanderlande’s SUMMER internship program will run for 12-15 weeks. This is a paid opportunity. Students are expected to work normal business hours: Monday through Friday. The targeted program dates are May 10th – August 13th (these dates are still being finalized and flexible based on the candidate).
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Use various work measurement techniques to provide data on the installation duration of multiple types of Vanderlande equipment.
- Assist Site Management with project tracking in our internal ProTrack tool. Tracked areas will include progress, delays, worked hours, and more.
- Propose improvements to increase quality of installation within manufacturing, supply, and assembly.
- Coordinate problem solving activities within engineering, manufacturing, logistics, and installations.
- Propose optimizations for use of space, materials, personnel, and equipment.
- Advise and present the implementation of new processes, equipment, and products.
- Document and propose ideal work layouts to support an end to end lean and efficient manufacturing to installation process.
- Optimize site installations process and select most cost-efficient method to be implemented.
- Generate status reports.
- Develop faster, more efficient methods for installations.
- Realize further end to end cost benefits within manufacturing and installation.
- Provide data analysis on cost reduction opportunities for pre-assembly of systems and installation.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing mechanical, industrial, or other relevant engineering degree
- Microsoft suite experience
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Mechanical or industrial engineering enrollment
- AutoCad/AutoDesk Inventor/Solidworks experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to present findings in clear manner
- Able to take ownership of tasks
- Work as part of a team to realize opportunities.