Vanderlande’s Installation Department is responsible for the Installation and project execution of Material Handling and Warehouse Automation Systems for our customers throughout North America. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding. You will report Installations Improvement manager. In this position, you will be working with our remote Site Management project team to supply and manage tool inventory for each site. You will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing, distribution, shipping and maintenance of the tools and equipment used by the Installation teams. You will keep detailed computerized inventory and maintenance. You will also be responsible for overseeing the in house construction or modification of custom tooling and equipment. It is expected you will work 40 to 45 hours per week with overtime after 40 hours worked.
- Responsible for the on time deployment of tool packages to various job sites.
- Engage in an active role with vendors to insure that the tools and equipment are properly serviced and repaired
- Prepare and ship tools and equipment to project sites in a timely manner
- Inspect and inventory tools and equipment returning.
- Maintain status tracking of the location of tools and equipment that is deployed
- Preform minor cleaning, lubrication and repair of equipment as needed
- Maintain calibrations and certifications for various measuring and testing tools
- Manage equipment depot inventory and organization.
- Work with Site Supervisors and Lead installers to find tool innovations and improvements to improve efficiency.
- Complete assigned tasks within standard operating procedures, project costs, time constraints, and quality standards.
- Maintain a high degree of safety awareness and a rigorous standard of personal and site safety
- Inspect, repair and maintain temporary power equipment in a safe operating condition
Required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Must be willing to travel on short notice
- Willingness to work occasional weekends or overtime, with overtime compensation
- Proficiency with standard office computer application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Exhibit leadership by example
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years material handling or industrial construction experience
- At least five years of experience5 or more years’ experience in tool crib operations or industrial tool rental.
- Working experience with material handling equipment preferred
- Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations
- Familiarity with basic maintenance of industrial equipment
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers, data base functions and communications.
- Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software configuration required .
- Experience with commercial shipping and truck freight
- This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
This position is based in Kennesaw GA but may require occasional overnight travel to nationwide job sites
This position has occasional supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job
· Substantial to extensive amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting
· Will talk and hear to communicate
· Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull objects, materials, controls and tools
· May require picking up, lifting, carrying and moving up to 50lbs
· Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses/Goggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.