The installation Training and Standards Manager’s main duty is to establish and implement installation training programs, installation standards and multi-disciplinary internal projects with the goal of reducing costs and improving efficiency of onsite installation. This will require knowledge of existing industry processes/standards and Vanderlande’s way of working.
This position is required to evaluate and change current methods of installations to ensure feedback and new ways of working are implemented to improve and standardize installations. Manager will provide feedback and education/mentorship to installation teams, sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and other parts of the business to save time and cost onsite.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Coordinate and produce new training manuals with coordination of engineering, manufacturing, logistics and installations.
- Establish installation operational methods and work standards.
- Support and advise manufacturing and engineering teams to ensure benefits are realized during installations.
- Analyze existing processes and operations to propose cost justified improvements in the form of business cases.
- Visit customer sites and assess other installation methods and conveyor design in order to implement improved ways of working into Vanderlande.
- Analyze Omnitracker data for patterns of similar issues between projects. Ensure full feedback loop is complete and implemented across the business.
- When requested aid in the assessment of new and existing vendors. Visit vendor locations to assess capabilities and establish expectations to ensure Vanderlande way of working is understood by all parties.
- Visit on-going Vanderlande installations within North America, and internationally, to perform time studies, assess installation methods/tooling.
- Attend existing training sessions withing North America, and internationally to realize and implement needed improvements for training and standards.
- Implement training projects in conjunction with the approved business case and develop new standards.
- Coordinate with other departments including Health and safety to ensure training certificates are up to date.
- Play a key role in the implementation of new processes, standards, equipment and products.
- Work closely with upstream stakeholders to identify and solve root cause issues that affect installation efficiencies.
- Initiate, plan, execute and control strategic projects to accomplish operations strategic goals.
- Develop ideal work layouts to support an end to end lean and efficient manufacturing to installation process.
- Optimize site installations processes and select/create most cost efficient and safe method to be implemented.
- Generate project status reports.
- Develop with other teams faster, more efficient methods for installations to be standardized.
- Ownership of all training modules and standards. Ensure compliance within the installation team on site. Complete periodic checks.
- Be the central Point of contact for all installation standards and training
- Develop a training program for the installation group and sub-contractors.
- Execute all other tasks assigned or required.
- Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets.
Required Education and Experience:
9+ years of progressive experience
Advanced knowledge of installation, engineering and manufacturing industry processes, ideally in the material handling.
- Organizational skills with the ability to work with minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with implementing processes, standards and training
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with other teams.
- Strong computer skills in order to analyze, organize and present data and information using Microsoft office suite and other software
- Self-starter who takes a proactive approach with good decision-making capabilities.
- Experience in manufacturing / operations / installation environment.
- Able to initiate, plan, direct, and execute improvement, training and standardization projects
- Knowledge of Lean Concepts with demonstrated success
- Knowledge/experience with Six Sigma/Lean/Kaizen (preferably a Six Sigma Green/Black Belt or similar).
- Proven analysis and presentation skills including use of common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic professional with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic "out of box" thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to engage a cross-functional team towards a desired outcome
- Ability to organize and plan use of time and people effectively and efficiently
- Proactive team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Wants to be a part of a dynamic, successful and fast-growing company and is looking for fast professional and personal development.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.