Vanderlande’s Site Management Department is responsible for the Installation and site execution of Material Handling, Warehouse Automation and Parcel Sortation systems for our customers throughout North America. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding. You will report hierarchically to the Quoting Manager and Manager of Site Management.
- Create detailed cost estimates inclusive of installation hours and materials for mechanical installations associated with WP Material Handling Equipment (MHE) projects
- Complete material take-offs for projects and retrieve competitive pricing
- Collaborate with Sales, Supply Chain and Operations to develop
- Scope of Work definitions for subcon work packages
- Tender response exceptions/exclusions
- Technical response for client proposals
- Project schedules
- Review and evaluate Subcontractor quotations for mechanical installation works
- Works with Sales, Engineering, Operations and other departments during sales phase and execution phase of projects
- Work with Supply Chain to cultivate and maintain working relationships with Subcontractors
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while considering specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed
- Advise the operations team on how the project has been quoted to ensure the execution plan is aligned
- Other duties as required to fulfil the responsibilities above.
- Travel to various job sites is required (including international)– estimated to be 20%.
- Experience in position of estimating hours and materials associated with the delivery of complex projects and systems.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a mechanical installation estimator
- Experienced with Microsoft Office software especially Excel
- Valid passport in the event international travel is required
- Experience with material handling system mechanical installation
- Accubid Pro software experience
- Knowledge of industry standard estimation software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- International and multicultural awareness
- Resource planning and site organization
- Analytical and strategic
- Pro-active and decisive
You will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, etc. We offer a full-time position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. A training program will be set up based on your personal ambition and executed in close cooperation with the Vanderlande Academy.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, 5 days per week and requires schedule shifts and some overtime
This position requires up to 20% travel
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.