Do you like to organize, design, and conduct tests on system level? Do you like to take an extra step, analyzing the root cause of a failed test, and initiating the process to decide on solutions for this cause? And lastly, do you like to travel, meeting many cultures and seeing places? Then apply now as Integration Engineer in our APAC project integration department.
Vanderlande understands the complexities associated with operating a successful airport and parcel operation and delivers future proof logistic process automation. These automation systems are composed of many (electro-) mechanical and IT components, built by teams in various parts of the world and must be integrated with other (software) systems to support the processes of our customers.
As an Integration Engineer, you are involved in integrating the various components and (sub)systems into a solution. This is especially challenging for large and complex airport and parcel systems consisting of individual carrier systems, automatic storage and retrieval systems, automated guided vehicles, robots, conveyors, control software and IT infrastructure. You test the system to ensure that it works according to the design. Often testing involves attempts to intentionally break the system to identify any problem areas, based on an analysis of technical risks. Test- and integration engineers contribute to the success of projects through their superior knowledge of the system as a whole, its operational objectives, how its parts work together, and the technical factors that go into its development.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Make test designs and test plans based on system design, risk analysis and customer demands.
- Implement test cases, scripts and stubs, prepare the test execution for IFT (factory) & IST (site)
- Set up and configure test environments and the test tooling
- Execute the integration-, system- and customer acceptance tests inhouse and on-site
- Analyze and report the test results, (production) problems and verify solutions
- Discuss results with developers, solution architects / clients or other team members
As an Integration Engineer you report to the Integration Manager. Based on your field of interest there is opportunity to grow to a Solution Architect or Integration Manager role.
The APAC project integration department is part of the business unit Airport & Parcel Solutions within Vanderlande Industries. The department is responsible for system design, testing and integration of complex Airport and Parcel systems for customer in the Asia Pacific region like Changi, Hong Kong and Sydney airport and DHL and FedEx international customers. The department works in an international team setting with people from different countries with different cultural backgrounds.
You are an analytical problem solver who thinks in a systems perspective. You are able to manage small details while keeping an eye on the big picture. You like to work together in an international multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree
- Affinity with IT and Industrial Automation and interested in logistic processes
- Basic knowledge of Systems Engineering and / or Software development
- Basic knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques
- Good communication skills in English
- Assertive team player and proactive
- You are willing to travel for about 60% of the time
- Knowledge of automated test-tools (execution, result registration, test management) is preferred.