Vanderlande, a global leader in logistics automation with more than 9,000 employees worldwide. Our market-leading baggage handling systems and passenger solutions are active in more than 600 airports. We are also the first choice for many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers in food, fashion, and general merchandise, dispatching billions of products every day. In addition, more than 52 million parcels are sorted by our systems every day. Come join us and take the next step in your career!
We understand the complexities associated with operating a successful warehousing and parcel operation and delivers future proof logistic process automation. These automation systems are composed of many (electro-) mechanical, controls, and IT components, built by teams in various parts of the world and must be integrated with other (software) systems to support the processes of our customers.
Your Role: Tasks & Responsibilities
As an Integration Engineer, you are involved in integrating the various components and (sub)systems into a solution. This is especially challenging for large and complex warehousing and parcel systems consisting of individual carrier systems, automatic storage and retrieval systems, automated guided vehicles, robots, conveyors, control software and IT infrastructure. You test the system to ensure that it works according to the design.
Test- and integration engineers contribute to the success of projects.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with the Integration Manager in the test designs and test plans based on system design, risk analysis and customer demands.
- Organization of test preparation meetings, both internally and with the customer and other subcontractors.
- Direct and main dialogue between the project team and the customer in all matters related to Integration and Commissioning.
- Set up and configure test environments and the test tooling, prepare the test execution for SFT (factory) & SST (site).
- Optimization of resources and times to reduce costs.
- Execute the integration, system and customer acceptance tests on-site.
- Analyze and report the test results, (production) problems and verify solutions.
- Ensure that the pertinent Test Records are kept, in accordance with the Integration Plan.
- Discuss results with developers, solution architects / customers or other team members.
- Prepare and implement a procedure for the management of Non-conformities and Corrective Actions, follow-up on them and manage their closure.
- As an Integration Engineer you report to the Integration Manager. Based on your field of interest there is an opportunity to grow to an Integration Manager role.
This role include a technical training in Spain at the beginning before starting the project
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills (advanced user in Word and Excel).
- Good knowledge of PLCs Siemens.
- Good knowledge of Software Engineering (.NET architecture), databases (SQL Server), interfaces for communication (TCP/IP, Web API Rest)
- Good knowledge of the mechanical, electrical and network (IT) parts.
- Basic knowledge of Systems Engineering and / or Software development.
- Basic knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques.
Your Professional Profile:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Affinity with IT and Industrial Automation.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Team player and proactive.
- Coordination with the different work fronts (installation and commissioning) to verify the completion of areas/elements necessary for tests.
- Predisposition to work in a demanding work environment and ability to find solutions that allow progress with the tests.
- Able to build an excellent rapport with customers.
- You are willing to travel about 60% of the time.
- Experience, preferably in Logistics, Parcel and/or Warehousing projects.
- Knowledge of automated test-tools (execution, result registration, test management) is preferred.