Assignment type: Internship
Start date: February 2024
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational level: HBO/WO
Desired study: Information Management, ICT & Business, Software Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science or related study
Language: English or Dutch
Description of the assignment
Vanderlande has a unified process for developing its data products on a new data platform according to the Data Mesh methodology, using key tools like Databricks, Azure, Azure DevOps, SnowFlake and Power BI. The process is deployed to multiple distributed Data & Analytics teams across the global organization and that is where the need for efficient and effective (data) governance comes in, to identify adherence, improvements and bottlenecks for each individual team and on a aggregated level.
As intern you will design, develop and implement a proof of concept for an automated observability process solution incl. dashboarding for the above mentioned unified process.
It is up to you to define the best methodology (e.g. process mining) and technology to make this proof of concept a great success and when time is left, to deploy/operationalize the solution within the organization
· Design, develop and implement a proof of concept of an observability process solution incl. dashboarding that can be managed centrally and deployed in a distributed manner.
· Analyze and drive improvements for process excellence
· Be the main point of contact for this assignment
· Drive process excellence and delivery: agile, Six Sigma etc.
· Analytical and being able to translate complex problems into a simple solution
· Good communication skills to manage various stakeholders and teams
· Driven to tackle real-world technical challenges.
· You love to gain hands-on experience on groundbreaking projects
· You are pro-active and on top of the latest developments in tooling and collaboration techniques like Agile development.
· You take ownership and are a team player with good communication
· You have a DevOps mindset.
· On top of all that, it would be great if you had affinity/experience with;
AI (e.g. Python, process mining)
Cloud solutions, specifically Microsoft Azure.
Data visualization / front-end development.
Did we mention that none of these are actual hard requirements?
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? And are you looking for an internship/graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 – 75 50 87.