Assignment type: Internship
Start date: January 2024
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational Level: Bachelor
Desired study: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Finance
Language: Dutch / English
Description of the assignment
Within the Strategic Sourcing department we manage the costs for several Supply Chain Categories. There are around 120 different categories to manage. Like, wheels, rollers, extrusion parts, motors, controls cabinets, pneumatical equipment etc. etc. Parts are purchased for years, so there is a lot of historical data. To support the different Sourcing Managers & Buyers and Cost Engineering, during the project development, it would be very helpful to have a good insight in what are the Cost Drivers for a specific category. What is there influence on the price? f we have this knowledge modeled, we can use this to give better fact based estimations and budgets towards the wider VI organization. We need to develop cost (price) models for specific Supply Chain Categories. One at a time and preferably to be used on global level.
Description of department
Supply Chain Cost Engineering is part of Strategic Sourcing. The latter is a department within the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization and is a strategic part of the worldwide delivery of products and services to our projects. There is a high degree of cooperation with R&D, Engineering, Sales and the other departments, such as Global Sourcing and Planning, located in Europe, APAC and North America.
- Deep dive in a specific Supply Chain Category; agree both on which category
- Collect and clean-up the available historical data
- Build a cost (price) model for the specific Supply Chain Category (needs to be setup in MS Excel)
- Prove-out correlation with real project cost
- Set-up manual (how to use the tool)
- Hard skills; Expert MS Excel (VBA programming), Database management, Data analysis, Foreign languages
- Soft skills; Problem solving, Teamwork, Creativity, Attention to detail, Self-direction
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Are you looking for an internship in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 – 75 50 87.