Internship: Integrating ProfiNet in the future of OT
Assignment type: Internship
Start date: February 2021
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational level: HBO
Desired study: Software Engineering
Language: Dutch or English
ProfiNet, as the industry technical standard for data communication, is completely established with the current industrial automation and so in the systems of Vanderlande.
Enabling future technology asks for a smooth transition where in-between hybrid systems will occur.
The new generation controllers of Vanderlande will run on Linux; therefore this new generation controllers mast coop with actual standards.
To make the right technological choice in order to close the gap we need to compare the available options in the market and determine which are feasible within our future systems.
Within Development Centre Equipment the OT software modules for the future are developed within the project team Next Level Automation. This ambitious team is multidisciplinary, experienced, agile but most of all very open minded when it comes to the future way of working.
Participating this team ensures an impressive inspirational environment while working on your assignment.
Tasks / responsibilities
- Collect information to describe the as-is and future situation. Common understanding is essential
- Investigate the options based on the availability on the market and motivate which is the best solution (motivate your selection).
- Start exploring the selected ProfiNet drivers by building a test environment.
- Present your solution to the architects.
- Pro-active & enterprising (inter)personality
- Hands-on experience with controllers (IPC or Pi’s with Linux OS)
- General knowledge of data communication in industrial systems
- Openminded combined with pragmatic result-driven attitude
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? And are you looking for an internship/graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or Jasper Pijnenburg (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 413 49 44 08.