Assignment type: Internship
Start date: August/ September
Assignment duration: 3,4 or 5 months
Educational level: MBO / HBO
Desired study: Management Assistant niveau 4 (must have some internship experience)
Language: English or Dutch
During this internship you will mainly support the LT (Leadership Team) managers and their assistants. You work in a small team with professionals. You take over as many recurring tasks as possible. You are also the contact person for the managers, colleagues but also people outside the organization will come to you with questions. It is your job to help these people as much as possible. As an assistant you are always aware of what is going on in the company, you think along with the managers and you come up with solutions. You are the spider in Vanderlande’s web.
The direction for the BU Supply is captured in its vision and mission.
Our Vision: As a reliable business partner we contribute to achieving the company strategy by creating a sustainable competitive advantage in supply throughout the solution lifecycle.
Our Mission: We take ownership of global supply, working closely together with the business to meet customer demands while leveraging synergies in supply to maximize value add.
BU Supply delivers goods and services to customers and projects – on time and complete, with the right quality and at the right costs. To fulfill the business needs of the customers and projects, in the execution of supply management, we want to be reliable, competitive and flexible. The BU Supply is a strong business partner to the CCs.
As a reliable partner, we are transparent and proactive in communication. We deliver on time, complete and at the right quality. We make sure that we can secure supply towards projects. As a competitive partner, we work towards short lead times, a competitive cost level, we add value in the activities we do. We are innovative in supply solutions and sustainable in what we deliver. As a flexible partner, we take care of effective exception handling and we are responsive to changing business needs. We support the key account focus and platform driven approach.
Tasks / Responsibilities
No day is the same in the BU Supply Support department and you certainly don’t need to be bored.
- Step 1: In the first few weeks, you receive a lot of information about Vanderlande & meet a lot of people.
- Step 2: In order to get to know the organisation, you will have more interaction with your direct colleagues and observe their working methods, learn which managers they work for and who they are.
- Step 3: In this phase, you are given tasks such as creating a holiday planning for the department. By doing this, you get to know the organizational structure of the business unit. You will also be delivering mail, a task that will really help you get to know the departments.
- Step 4: You are given more and more tasks such as scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, making catering reservations, entering OneNote updates and posting MS Team messages within MS Team BU Supply the Netherlands and BU Supply Worldwide.
- Step 5: You will be more familiar with how the company works. You will get more tasks and responsibilities, such as contacting colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad, contacting external companies and leading small meetings. Your colleagues will also get to know better and ask you more and more questions.
- Step 6: More and more tasks are added, you start working on projects and support your own managers. This is also the stage where you start working more independently and start looking for answers yourself.
- Step 7: Many people know you and you know many people; you are now a full employee. You are the spider in Vanderlande’s web.
We are looking for an eager management assistant trainee (level 4) who enjoys communicating in English and working in a dedicated team.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? And are you looking for an internship/graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jasper Pijnenburg (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 413 49 44 08.