Assignment type: Internship
Start date: September 2022
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational Level: HBO
Desired study: Software Engineering
Language: English and/or Dutch
Description of the assignment
Currently a Matlab script based tool is used to generate design constraints for a sorting system. The design constraints are generated based on the parcel types and used components. The result is a static overview with constraints for the sorting system. Due to the limits of the overview the optimum constraints are not given for all options.
The aim is to convert the Matlab script to a Matlab Web App so the tool can dynamically give the constraints. Thus the result will be the optimum for the set of parameters. Furthermore a user will now get immediate feedback about what the impact is of a change.
The Development Center Equipment (DCE) is responsible for the development of new products for internal material handling systems for warehousing, parcel & postal and baggage handling systems. Within DCE the loop sorter team is responsible for the development of new products that are to be used in a loop based sorting system. The intern will work in a small team that is currently, among others, developing a Component to detect low products. The team consists of a Project Leader, Integration Engineer and a Software Engineer.
- Convert the current scrips so they can run as a Matlab Web App
- Consult with users to come to an optimal design of the GUI to input the required parameters and display the results.
- Deploy the Web App.
- Improve the usability by including zoom in functionality
- Improve the usability by adding search functionality
- Basic programming skills in MATLAB
- Good programming skills in MATLAB is a plus
- Interest in GUI Design
- Good English communications skills
- Team player that can also work independently towards a set goal
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Are you looking for an internship in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or contact Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 – 75 50 87.