Assignment type: Internship
Start date: September 2022
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational Level: HBO/WO
Desired study: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related studies
Language: Dutch / English
Description of the assignment
SCIP stands for Substances of Concern In articles as such or in complex objects (Products) and it is an European legislation linked to Waste framework directive. The prime objective of this legislation is to allow safe use of the product during its life cycle (including waste and recovery). Therefore European companies that manufacture, import, assemble or distribute articles or products within Europe that has a substance of concern present in a concentration above >0.1% (w/w) have the obligation to notify to ECHA. Original deadline is already expired (5th Jan. 2021).
It is primordial that Vanderlande Industries ensure its compliance to such important legislation. That is why there is a need to check current situation with regards to SCIP in our products and implement a process to ensure SCIP compliance whenever new products are developed.
Description of department
The PER-WG (Product Environmental Regulation – Working Group) is a team with members from Corporate HSE, R&D, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain department plus additional supporting, This team is responsible to ensure compliance with current and upcoming environmental legislation applicable to Vanderlande products and solutions.
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Understand SCIP legislation
- Outline a process flow for SCIP compliance based on outputs of Phase I (Pilot)
- Define RACI within Vanderlande Industries for SCIP compliance
- Promote internal training and awareness campaign for internal stakeholders
- Perform an internal checking to ensure new process is embedded within Vanderlande Industries
- Solid knowledge of English and Dutch is preferred (speaking, writing & reading)
- Strong communication skills
- Proper understanding of MS Office
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Are you looking for an internship in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 – 75 50 87.