IT Change Manager
As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are currently looking for an IT Change Manager that will support the Vanderlande North America Warehouse business.
As an IT Change Manager, you will be working as part of the Vanderlande North America Service team supporting service projects and customers with IT change management oversite and governance. The IT Change Manager will act as the subject matter expert for the change management practice and will steer the organization towards repeatable, consistent best practices that will be adopted as the IT change management standard. The IT Change Manager will be accountable for the successful coordination and deployment of IT Software and Hardware changes within customers facilities.
IT Change Manager
The candidate must be able to demonstrate 5+ years’ experience working as Service Management professional with direct experience leading IT change management for complex systems, IT Infrastructure and software environments. CI/CD experience is desired. Change management experience in the automated material handling vertical is highly desirable. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of cross organizational influence aligning teams to one process and standard with a track record of working with varying levels of supervisors and managers all the way through senior level executives.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications
- Conduct impact analysis, assess change readiness, identify key stakeholders in the change management process
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs for change management
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Manage the change portfolio
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a change management professional with a focus on IT infrastructure and software changes that impact production environments
- Bachelor's degree in Change Management, Project Management, Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program
- 2+ years of experience working as a change management professional with direct experience in material handling systems, IT Infrastructure and software change management environments
- CI/CD knowledge and experience
- Change management certification or designation desired (i.e. PROSCI)
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale technical change efforts
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, with a standard M-F work week. There is a potential for on call availability requirement, covering extended hours 7 days per week.
- Occasional travel to customer sites in North America is required
- Some international travel will be required for training purposes.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The role may require site visits and candidates should be able to access, unhindered, these environments in order to perform essential functions of this job. These will include site inspections and visual checks if and when required.
The role will require the candidate once established to provide cover for other team members, and assist in training , development and mentoring of other members of the team. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.