If you are passionate about standardization and optimization and if you want to make an impact on how we can execute our projects more efficient and effectively, then this might just be what you are looking for!
Winning with Smart Platforms (WwSP) is one of our biggest initiatives where we are working on smart platforms to help standardize our way of working across all Vanderlande solutions worldwide. Therefore, we are building a brand new team, that you can be part of, and where you can add value by helping us make engineering more efficient.
We provide you the opportunity to:
- Be the design authority of key element of our projects
- Translate project needs into a technical layout/schematic solution
- Participate in our challenging and multidisciplinary projects
- Create and improve standards
- Work across different market segments within WS
As IT Content Engineer, you are responsible for developing and maintaining the digital building blocks that are used in our engineering software. These blocks represent both visually and control-technically the products which Vanderlande uses in its systems. This software package supports the various engineering departments around the world in drawing and configuring of the newly designed systems.
In this position, your main goal is to guide the design process, and to ensure that all stakeholders are served with the most optimal solution. You will gather the information required for designing these building blocks, through various engineering departments within the organization.
Furthermore, you need to be able to determine what the impact of the different engineering requirements is on the design and what consequences this will have for the other disciplines. Together with equipment specialists you will then decide which requirements will be processed and which not or only partially.
Once the design process is completed, you are responsible for the development of the building block. In addition to designing and creating new building blocks, you will also be responsible for maintaining already released building blocks. You do this by ensuring that changes and new developments are captured in a building block library which will be periodically released.
As IT Content Engineer you are also an important sparring partner for the software architects of the engineering tools.
- Designing and creating new blocks based on product documentation and input from the engineering departments
- Maintaining existing building blocks
- Periodic releases of building block libraries and providing the associated support
- Supporting other Content Engineers to implement (changes in) the building blocks
- Support and training of end users in the use of the building block libraries
- Consulting with the architects of the software development team on new opportunities and end user requirements
You will be part of the Platform Development team and you will report to the Project Leader Engineering of the Engineering Support Office within the Engineering department.
Even though Veghel will be your base location, you’ll be expected to travel to see your solutions in practice and gather feedback to further improve.
Your team is part of the Platform Development team for Equipment modules. This is a newly created co-development team between R&D and Engineering and plays an important role in the execution of projects to deliver total solutions to our customer.
You have a bachelor (HBO) or master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics. Relevant experience in material handling is considered a plus, however, we warmly welcome young graduates to apply for this position.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Knowledge of mechanical/tooling software
- Affinity with IT
- Able to think abstractly/ model-based – understanding and maintaining complex relationships
- Able to translate customer requirements into user-friendly designs
- Able to develop solutions independently
- Analytical and structured
- Communicative and proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player
In this position you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organization has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
Besides your fixed salary, you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days’ vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Company Health Center (Fitness, Bootcamp, Running Academy, etc.)
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of IT Content Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information about the position, you can contact Carlijn Kneepkens (Recruiter) at 0413 – 49 51 92.