Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The company is also a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 5,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing order intake of more than 1 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
Our Contract Services offers a service portfolio, which includes maintenance services, process optimization, system upgrades and modifications throughout the material handling system's life cycle at warehousing. The Contract Service Manager is responsible for the Services Operations for our material handling system at the respective site. Provides leadership, management and direction to a maintenance team to achieve safety, quality, productivity, cost objectives, along with meeting customer service goals.
As an IT & Controls Engineer you will be maintaining and improving hardware, software, servers, databases and controls on site
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Solve high level control errors
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance of system software
- Maintain all site hardware and software
- Long term bin planning
- Contact point with headquarter IT departments and control support
- IT configuration management
- Change management on control level
- Initiate and execute improvement actions
- Monitor hardware, software, network performances
- Solve problems
- Maintain and archive releases, versions and updates
- Implement software updates and patches
- Bin planning long term
- First line support for the hotline
Required Education and Experience:
- IT Systems or Computer Engineering (high technical level)
- Experience in maintaining cluster servers, databases, network and communications systems and software related automated baggage handling systems or automated systems in material handling industries.
- Excellent verbal and Communication skills
- Proper communicative and negotiation capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science
- Warehouse Operations experience
- Conveyor services or material handling services experience
- Service minded
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed
- Good team player
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities
- Planning & organizing
- Stress resistance
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position supporting a 24/7 operation site.
Occasional travel in North America is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Although a Controls Engineer predominantly works in the office, they also spend time at a customer site, where they sometimes handle packages or automatic equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed the baggage / package handling systems, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The Controls Support Engineer will encounter mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment. Ear protection should be worn.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This position operates in the secured area of the customer site and may require a security badge. Applicants are required to pass a background check, as provided by applicable state and federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, exempt position, eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $90,000 -$110,000
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.