Vanderlande as one of the top international suppliers of airport, warehouse and parcel logistics have an opportunity for an experienced IT Applications Specialist professional at King Abdulaziz International Airport – Jeddah – Saudi Arabia.
Working within a service delivery team for the specialised baggage handling system – As an IT Applications Support Specialist you will be responsible for supporting the IT Applications suite for the baggage handling service.
This role provides the opportunity to broaden your IT skillset within a multi-disciplinary IT environment as you take responsibility for all aspects of the high level IT operation. With a main base in application support, you will be expected to provide technical support from your speciality whilst always looking to broaden your skillset for the whole IT portfolio used in the service. You will bring experience in IT Application support and a desire to learn aspects of the whole IT system. Application training is provided.
- Maintain high availability IT service 24/7 with pro-active monitoring and intervention involving OS and application level cluster management.
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance of system applications and middleware involving Oracle Databases, Weblogic, Oracle Grid, Java based communication interfaces.
- Interpretation of system log files for fault finding on both middleware (Oracle) and application logs.
- Understand application behaviour to support queries and improve customer processes.
- Offers professional arguments as the basis for making choices and for convincing the people concerned.
- Improvement of work processes.
- Solve high level control errors.
- Incident management liaising with 2nd/3rd line support providers owning resolution.
- IT configuration management both software and documentation using CM tooling.
- Participate in change management for high level control problems and changes.
- Initiate and execute continuous improvement actions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Excellent – and proven – experience in solving incidents and analysing root causes to improve the performance of the system.
- Degree qualified with an undergraduate degree (for instance a Bachelor in Computer Science or Engineering).
- Experience in an IT support role.
- Experience in Windows Server technology services and Linux system administration.
- Experience of Oracle 11g Database support.
- Preferable knowledge of IT Service Management processes (ITIL) or having worked in a customer facing role while solving incidents (eg 2nd or 3rd level support roles).
- Highly regarded, but not crucial: experience in automated handling systems and/or industrial automation.
- Highly analytical and a structured thinker. You are the person who thinks in steps and rules out options one by one even when you are under time pressure.
- Persistency and pro-activity: you will not stop until you have got to the bottom of a problem.
- Ability to explain complicated technical topics clearly verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adjust your message to your audience, organisational sensitivity.
- Able to distinguish between fundamental matters and secondary ones.
- Highly organised, planning your day is essential.