IT Infrastructure Engineer
Istanbul Airport – Istanbul, Turkey
Are you looking to develop your career in Infrastructure and System Management, specifically in the operations of baggage handling systems in airports, and satisfy your ambitions at a company where you can aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth, and thrive on achievement?
At Vanderlande, we are seeking passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on the quality of our service delivery to our customer by ensuring a high-performance baggage flow operation for the entire airport, while developing a prosperous career in a fast-paced international environment.
As IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will constantly monitor and manage all IT infrastructure (Server hardware, network and system infrastructure and room, operating system, backup solutions, etc.) required for the functionality and system performance of the customer's Baggage Handling System. Your responsibility is to provide Level-1, Level-2 service, and act as Level-3 service desk when necessary with the help of Global Service Desk.
As IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will ensure the delivery of the planned preventive maintenance over the systems as well as the problem items and the changes that may require. Furthermore, you enhance the performance of the incident management by constantly updating the knowledge base so that the engineers can quickly resolve incidents.
In this function, you will work in shifts. You will constantly collaborate with Operation Team and Maintenance Team on Shift, other engineers of ICT team, engineers/specialists of Global Service Desk Level-1,2, 3, and 4 to ensure the continuity of their service functions. You will report to the IT Infrastructure Team Lead.
- Analyzing & reporting of system performance (Server hardware, network, and system room), and undefined behavior and phenomena of the system as well as functional reports and specific flow situations
- Creating shift reports and raising any problems in the IT infrastructure of the system and debugging; coordinating with maintenance / operation team or open a ticket as needed
- Executing the lifecycle of open tickets locally or through global service desk
- Proper reporting between shifts and communicating with the stakeholders
- Analyzing and filtering events which are potential incidents
- Working on all incidents when escalated, resolving them within SLA
- Delivering the preventive maintenance tasks & assigned change tasks (back-ups, patch execution, etc.)
- Creating documentation such as manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and work instructions
Your qualifications and skills
As an enthusiastic IT infrastructure engineer you have the following skills:
- Initiator and follower on engineering solutions
- Strong customer focus
- A clear communicator, able to communicate at all levels, able to provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and management
- Team player and adaptable personality, willing to broaden skills outside core skillset and develops / mentors other team members
- Proactive (focus on service improvements)
- Eager to learn. Have the ability to dig into technical problems in its own areas, at the same time to maintain the overview on the system, software, and system behavior
- Have very good analytical skills and able to think “out-of-the-box”
- Ability to work under pressure on mission-critical systems
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard
- Good scheduler and performer in highly planned task regime
- Able and willing to work in shifts
You should also have:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or in related fields
- diverse IT component knowledge or understanding to provide Level 1 (preferably Level-2) support on Windows & Linux/Unix platforms, as well as VMware Virtualization, Clustering, Backup Solutions, and Cisco Switch/Network
- knowledge about firewall technologies, products and applications (preferable)
- ITIL Foundation knowledge (preferable)
- certification on one or more of the above items (preferable)
- 1-3 years of experience on one or more of the above items (preferable)
- ability to create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, and network diagrams
- excellent communication skills, writing and speaking, in the Turkish and the English language
- residency in Istanbul or willing to move there, within commuting distance of the new airport
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then you may apply now by completing the application with your CV and covering letter.
Diversity & Inclusion Disclaimer
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.