Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical IT leadership and architectural support to O&M Service Team and customer
- Act as the technical subject matter expert for BHS applications (i.e. VIBES, BPI) and liaise with Process Engineers to analyze Baggage System Behavior.
- Help, train and develop Vibes Support Specialists to strengthen their support capabilities and toolsets. Prepare the Control Room Team to take on support of new releases and new applications.
- Work with customer to establish requirements and propose solutions for IT changes.
- Manage IT risk mitigation in operations, projects and external interfaces; build close relationships with Airport IT departments.
- Manage the IT Life-cycle and propose solutions.
- Managing requirements, integration, configuration of IT and software changes throughout the life cycle of the baggage handling solution (define release plans).
- Analyses performance trends, recognizes opportunities and proactively implement upgrades and enhancements, especially on IT level (infrastructure as well as application design).
- Day-to-day IT and HLC (High-Level Controls) operations support; As a technical leader contribute to
- Incident Management, taking a leading expert role in solving complex multidisciplinary (Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, PC) incidents.
- Problem Management: complex problem resolution, fault finding and root-cause analysis.
- Change Management: Validates and ensures complex integrated change/modification/extension requests are vetted against the overall design and will deliver the desired solution performance
- Drive continuous improvement of incidents resolution and root cause analysis.
- Ensures integrated systems of the material handling solution cooperate and function adequately to ensure optimal performance, as well as identify and minimize (technical) risks, especially on IT and HLC level.
- Works closely with baggage control room, 2nd and 3rd line support subject matter experts, NASC and IT service desk (Controls applications and IT infrastructure escalations), global service desk.
- Responsible the technical quality and successful acceptance testing of modifications/extensions to the baggage handling solution from IT and HLC perspective.
- Identifies and details (in cooperation with Vanderlande experts) modifications, changes and improvements to the baggage handling solution.
- Advising the Vanderlande Project teams of needed improvements for project execution and proposing technical IT solutions for complex and multidisciplinary problems.
- Supports Execution of projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance of the organization.
- Oversees the transition of complex systems to live operations to ensure system functionality and alignment to customer’s operational requirements.
- Supporting the system design from mechanical, hardware, system and network design, software development (PLC and/or PC/IT related systems), integration of different components, system commissioning and testing through to final handover to the customer.
- Plans, monitors and reports progress, costs and risks for major new developments (architecture, integration and testing)
- Evaluates system performance after go-live to drive continuous improvement of system performance and facilitate process improvement.
- Willing to serve as a stand-by or backup resource, possibly to work shift work to accommodate a 24/7 service contract.
- Strong baggage handling system architectural knowledge and understanding application functionality.
- Good knowledge of complex electromechanical systems.
- Technical toolsets – SQL, Oracle Tools, scripting
- Good understanding of underlying technologies hosting applications, databases, application servers, web servers, client installations.
- Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure, high availability systems incl. Oracle, HPE, SUSE Linux, VMware.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4 certification
- Works systematically and continuously improving processes for self and department.
- You have strong analytical capabilities, together with an entrepreneurial approach in which you’re not afraid to take the initiative and make decisions.
- You also have good communication skills and you are customer service orientated.
- Ability to work under pressure on mission critical systems
- Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside core skillset, and to develop and mentor other team members.
- Develop a good understanding of customer requirements
- A clear communicator, able to communicate at all levels, able to be clear and concise to stakeholders and management at all levels
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard
- Good planning and scheduling skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant study (Logistics, IT, Industrial or Computer Engineering)
- Affinity with intralogistics and operational environments, preferably a background in automated handling systems, the capital goods industry and/or system integration business
- Experienced in managing mission critical 24/7 complex IT environments
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant working experience in a logistics or industrial engineering capacity.
- Great analytical skills.
- Eager to learn and independent.
- Able and Willing to sometimes travel internationally.
- Experience in working in a customer service desk is an advantage.
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. May require support off hours based on the situation.
This position requires up to 10% travel, including internationally. Need to have a passport.
this role has no supervisory responsibility
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud due to aircraft engines and equipment.
Employee works in the secured baggage handling area, repair station, airfield, office environment and other areas within the airport. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.