IT Project Leader
Veghel (The Netherlands)/Dortmund (Germany)
Are you passionate about making IT infrastructure solutions happening? If the answer is “yes”, then look no further than at Vanderlande. We’ll give you the opportunity to make a positive difference for our customers in a challenging international environment – while continually using, sharing and enhancing your skills alongside dedicated and passionate colleagues.
You will be part of the ICT Projects department, which is responsible for implementing and supporting customer IT infrastructures. The IT infrastructure is an integral part of the automated material handling systems that we provide to our customers. The ICT projects department develops the products and processes used for the customer implementations, implements various customer solutions worldwide and helps the support departments with the lifecycle management of the customer thereafter. You will play a vial role in our delivery of our various services.
In this position, you will be leading the technical staff in the delivery of the IT infrastructure scope of the automated material handling systems that are implemented at various customers sites worldwide. Typically, these projects have a duration of one to two years of specification, development and testing, commissioning and integration support on site. You will lead various projects and smaller initiatives where your strong communication and organization skills as well as your flexibility will be crucial. Focusing on providing the best possible solution to the customer, you will work alongside 50 enthusiastic colleagues from Veghel (The Netherlands) and Dortmund (Germany). You will also align interact and align with other Project Leads from various Vanderlande departments each focusing on their area of expertise aiming to a common goal of implementing a superb customer solution time after time.
In addition, you will help with optimizing our processes for the department and help us in standardizing and revolutionizing our delivery. As a great communicator you will need to build up an internal network so that you can work efficiently, as well as support and advise your sales colleagues during the quotation process and our product development team during the product development. You will support, mentor and train the technical leads in the commercial aspect of the delivery.
Your qualifications and skills
As a technically minded, proactive and seasoned project leader, you are experienced in:
· The delivery of multidisciplinary and technical projects;
· Stakeholder management;
· Solid communication, conflict resolution and project leadership;
· Having a pragmatic and hands-on attitude, while not losing sight of the project management principles;
· Being flexible while not losing sight of the department goals and interest;
· Focusing on results and deliverables according to the pre-defined products and processes
· Resource-and project planning with budget responsibility
To be eligible for this position, you must:
· Have a Higher Professional Education (HBO) qualification or University degree (WO)
· Have at least 5 years of experience in the execution of multi-disciplinary IT projects for customers
· Have an agile mindset, experience in a scrum as well as in a waterfall team is an advantage
· Relevant knowledge of IT Industrial infrastructure
· Be fluent in English (written and verbal) and preferably Dutch or German
· Be willing to travel worldwide (at least 20% of the time)
· Be certified in at least one of the major project management methodologies such as Prince, PMP, IPMA D and have a Scrum Master Certification
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com.
If the role of IT Project Leader appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information, please contact Annelieke van der Poel (recruiter). #LI-AV3