Vanderlande is the global market leader in Airport & Parcel Solutions, and sorting systems for Warehouse Solutions. Working within the Project Delivery team for Airport & Parcel Solutions, the Project Manager will execute the delivery of complex automation system projects into dynamic, evolving and challenging airport and parcel environments.
The IT Project Manager will be flexible, self-reliant, driven, and will provide ownership in managing and leading activities in the delivery of each project from customer order through to final acceptance. These activities could be (but not limited to); planning, procurement, commercial, contractual, financial, documentation, stakeholder management and risk & issue management. This is an ideal role for those looking to develop into more senior project management roles.
- Support a safe working environment by championing, encouraging and leading by example, a safety-first culture.
Drive to Win
- Through effective leadership and motivation, drive project teams, internal support functions and sub-contractors to deliver high quality solutions as per the project requirements and deliverables.
- Using best practice, develop realistic, challenging and robust project plans to ensure the project delivery is a success. Support the development of any business case or bids, whilst ensuring that the plan will realise project and business benefits.
- Manage project uncertainty through risk planning and issue management. Establish and act on appropriate mitigations and contingency plans.
Every Day Better
- Use standard project management methodologies and tooling to improve the quality of work and delivery process.
- Continuously improve upon own and others project management disciplines, community development and best practices to help support better individual and collective project delivery.
- Take ownership for packages of work, by planning, coordinating and leading individuals, groups, or external suppliers to deliver for the benefit of the project.
- Achieve high performance on all facets of project delivery such as HSEQ, project controls, commercial, contractual, legal, design, engineering, construct & install, commission, test, handover and benefits realisation, within the triple constraints of (cost, time and quality).
- Monitor and control the project, whilst facilitating accurate forecasting and reporting on all project performance variables including resourcing requirements. Ensure commercial and contractual elements are managed accurately and in a timely manner and realise potential opportunities for change/ variations.
- Work with departments to solve problems and ensure the project is performing as expected (to cost, time and quality). Identify deviations in projects, analyse potential problems, propose solutions and share with stakeholders.
- Motivate the team to complete project deliverables safely, on time, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with project teams, external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support functions and wider stakeholders – promoting project engagement and successful delivery against the project requirements and deliverables.
- Contribute to the positive welfare of self and others.
- Propose and contribute to measures that minimise Vanderlande’s impact on the environment.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Contribute to helping the business to comprehend our customers’ business activities and logistic processes as fully as possible, so that we can provide solutions that help them to succeed and improve their competitiveness.
- Be a trusted partner with our customers through effective and good working relationships. Ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded, whilst maintaining strong partnerships with our customer’s primary contractors.
- Formal project management qualification e.g. APM PMQ.
- Formal contract management qualification e.g. NEC3 or NEC4.
- Formal health, safety & environment qualification e.g. CDM, IOSH, NEBOSH, SMSTS
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering projects of up to £10m.
- Confident, outgoing and personable individual.
- Strong leader, manager and team player.
- Proactive hands on approach.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to coordinate and prioritise multiple projects within a fast-moving environment.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to follow procedures and maintain accurate records.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept at negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Oracle Platforms, PLC, SCADA and SAC systems.
- Adept in the use of MS SharePoint, MS Teams and MS Office applications.
- Experience of airport baggage handling or parcel systems (note training will be given in these disciplines).
Please note that UK travel will be necessary along with a valid UK driving licence. Some occasional overseas travel may be required.