IT Security Specialist II (Checkpoint)
As an IT Security Specialist, you are driven to provide the best IT working experience for our Vanderlande colleagues. You are responsible for one or more IT Security services and are capable of taking ownership of that service and are able to lead, decide direction and make sure the service adds actual benefit for Vanderlande processes and its employees. You are also serious about IT Security and are willing to invest your time in it. You will work in the internal ICT Operations & Core Systems department within Vanderlande working closely with colleagues that represent other services including Datacentre technologies, campus network, workplaces and many others.
- Experience collaborating with Security Operations Center (SOC) teams and conducting security investigations.
- Knowledge of incident response processes and methodologies to assist in the containment, eradication, and recovery phases of incident response.
- To ensure proper logging configuration, keep an eye on endpoint security logs integrity and availability.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to cross-functional teams on endpoint security matters.
- Create Knowledge Based Articles, Standard Operating Procedures for End Point Protection.
- Monitor the support cases regularly to ensure the cases are closed as per the set Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Translation of the requirements into specific solutions.
- Take ownership and provide end to end solution for tasks assigned.
- Implement (pilot) solutions in our business.
- Testing of solutions provided and following up with relevant Teams.
- Guiding user acceptance tests
You are a team player that is both looking ahead to the future, but you are also willing to get your hands dirty and solve tricky issues cropping up. You understand that delegation and/or automation of tasks saves time to complete your other work. You are able to communicate with other ICT teams and the business to expand the use of your service. Your communication skills, both verbal and written, are up to par for an international company of many different offices around the world.
Your key competences:
- Good understanding of Checkpoint Endpoint Server/Client.
- Good understanding of ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services) and how ADFS technology works.
- Hands on experience in creating New SSO (Single Sign On) and/or modifying existing SSO’s as needed.
- Good understanding of MFA / Azure MFA. Troubleshoot issue related to MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication).
- Hands on experience on Devolutions RDM (Remote Desktop Manager).
- Good understanding on SFTP / SFTPPlus service.
Other beneficial competences/tools:
- Understanding and implementation of Information Security.
- Trainings or certification related to Information Security e.g. CompTIA Security+, CEH.
- Understanding of network monitor tools as needed for troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Profound knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a history of resolving complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience working in IT Security and services.